Community Forum

How do you delete UNREAD messages only?

Frequent Visitor

How do you delete UNREAD messages only?

I like to save some e-mails but most in my INBox are UNREAD and I am fine with deleting them.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: How do you delete UNREAD messages only?

There's two or three ways to approach this depending on how many emails you're talking about.  Are we talking a few dozen, or a couple of hundred?  Thousands maybe?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thousands!  The reason I have saved so many is due to some legal problems over my dad's estate.

But i have read those e-mails.  The UNREAD are usually something I don't find important - store e-mails announcing sales, 

Expert

@weavergene wrote:

Thousands!  The reason I have saved so many is due to some legal problems over my dad's estate.

But i have read those e-mails.  The UNREAD are usually something I don't find important - store e-mails announcing sales, 

In that case, my approach would be to move the ones you want to keep into one or more local folders you create.  Once that's done, right-click on the Inbox and one of the options you see will be "Delete all messages".  Click on that.  It may take a while to clear it out.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I found using Archives is a good way.  It will take awhile.  But they are at least organized into alphabetical groups.  Thanks for trying to help.

Expert

@weavergene wrote:

I found using Archives is a good way.  It will take awhile.  But they are at least organized into alphabetical groups.  Thanks for trying to help.

What Archives are you referring to?  There is no archiving feature in the Comcast webmail.  How are you  accessing your email?