Community Forum

How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

New Poster

How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

I use Xfinity's webmail for all of my mail and recently marked several incoming messages as spam by mistake.  Fortunately messages from those senders go to the "Spam" mail folder.  I then mark them as "not spam".  That message is moved to my inbox ... but just for that message.  The process starts over when I receive another message from that sender.  How can this be reversed? 

I can't create an appoved list because I receive messages from many senders as part of my business and from the public (who would not be on the white list).

Thanks in advance.

Expert

Re: How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

Just keep marking them as Not Spam.  Usually, if you mark them as spam it takes a lot more markings before they start going to the Spam folder all the time.  So it may take a while to reverse it by just marking them not spam.  Also, there is no "whitelist" function in Comast webmail.  There is a safe list but that is a very different animal.

New Poster

Re: How do I undo marking a sender as "Spam"?

I finally got a phone call from Comcast.  She said to keep marking messages as Not Spam.  I gave her a list of the senders for whom this was not working for and she added them to the white list. She indicated that I cannot do this myself and need to phone 1-855-484-1453 (Advanced Problem Solving) and provide the senders' addresses for inclusion in the white list.