Community Forum

How do I get Comcast to deliver my email without it going to the SPAM folder?

Frequent Visitor

How do I get Comcast to deliver my email without it going to the SPAM folder?

Sometimes I send email from my domain stephensloan.com to my Comcast address. Even though I have set up a filter to send it to my Inbox, it still goes to the SPAM folder. stephensloan.com is hosted by Google and uses their servers. It has valid SPF, DKIM, and DMARC records. When I look at the headers from the messages marked as SPAM, they show all three tests being passed. What do I need to do to get messages from my domain removed from being marked as SPAM by the Comcast servers?

Tags (2)
Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I get Comcast to deliver my email without it going to the SPAM folder?

Note: I've called the security line and the person answering didn't seem to know what I was talking about. I've also done an online chat with support. They also were unable to assist me. In the past, I have had a similar issue with the same domain and I was able to speak to a network engineer who understood what I was talking about and was able to help me solve the problem. I'm not sure why it is so hard to find an answer to why my domain messages are being tagged as SPAM by the Comcast servers.

Frequent Visitor

Re: How do I get Comcast to deliver my email without it going to the SPAM folder?

More curious. I have a Google Apps account and my domain stephensloan.com is hosted by Google. Turns out when I send a message from Gmail in my browser, it goes through fine. When I send the same message using my email client (Thunderbird) it gets sent to the SPAM folder. Looking at the header the only difference I can see is that the email from my client has the IP address of my home on it. Since I am a Comcast customer, the IP is part of Comcast's pool of addresses. When I submit that address to Comcast's unblock panel, Comcast reports that the address is not blocked. Really feeling stumped here.

Oh, and Friday I finally was able to get through to a network engineer who understood what I was talking about. He was able to watch one of my test messages hit Comcast's server and get routed to the SPAM folder despite an email rule that says to put it in the Inbox. He said the incident has been "escalated". We'll see what that means, perhaps tomorrow?

Expert

@Soundsailor1 wrote:

More curious. I have a Google Apps account and my domain stephensloan.com is hosted by Google. Turns out when I send a message from Gmail in my browser, it goes through fine. When I send the same message using my email client (Thunderbird) it gets sent to the SPAM folder. Looking at the header the only difference I can see is that the email from my client has the IP address of my home on it. Since I am a Comcast customer, the IP is part of Comcast's pool of addresses. When I submit that address to Comcast's unblock panel, Comcast reports that the address is not blocked. Really feeling stumped here.

Oh, and Friday I finally was able to get through to a network engineer who understood what I was talking about. He was able to watch one of my test messages hit Comcast's server and get routed to the SPAM folder despite an email rule that says to put it in the Inbox. He said the incident has been "escalated". We'll see what that means, perhaps tomorrow?

In Thunderbird, are you using the outgoing server for gmail or for comcast?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. Google server, spf would have failed if I used Comcast's.

Frequent Visitor

Still no answers on this. I would appreciate it if the Comcast employee(s) on this list would at least say something.

Frequent Visitor

OK, finally got this resolved. Major kudos to @ComcastAntiSpam who really was helpful and responsive. It turned out that Comcast WAS blocking my IP address even though a submission via the web interface said not. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'm out of the woods since it wasn't clear how I got blocked in the first place beyond the obvious that I sent some email that someone or some computer decided was SPAM.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
New Poster

My problem is that emails SENT to me go to the Comcast Spam folder. Even their own Xfinfity emails go there as well. I spent an hour on line with a comcast tech, verifying that everything is set up correctly, with the spam filter turned OFF. While online, I checked about 15 emails as 'Not Spam" and they moved to my inbox for about 5 seconds, then moved right back to spam. He sent me over to the "security" people, and I sang to myself for 20 minutes before I had to go. That was two months ago. Comcast is waste...

New Poster

Same issue. Comcast/Xfinity seems to have abandon their customer service either by phone or chat. All I get is a page with a bogus message from Tom Karinshak who claims to be dedicated to custo,mer service. His message tells me to click the link below which takes me to Twitter!!

I sent Tom some feedback, and -- I'm a logged in customer -- I had to do two capcha's to send my feedback to Tom.