Community Forum

How do I add a contact to a group in my email address book?

New Poster

Expert

Re: How do I add a contact to a group in my email address book?

@cgibson190 wrote:

If you're in the new webmail [connect.xfinity.com/appsuite] open your Address Book.  If you already have the contact in your Address Book, highlight it and drag it to your Group.  If your contact is not yet in your Address Book, you would need to add them by clicking on your Address Book under My address books, and then on the person icon.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Can I add email addresses to a distro group without adding them to my contacts list? I prefer not to have them in my personal contacts list. Thanks!

Expert

@TB64 wrote:

Can I add email addresses to a distro group without adding them to my contacts list? I prefer not to have them in my personal contacts list. Thanks!

No.  They have to be in the address book.  Even if you put them in the address book, then move it to the group, and then delete it from the address book it will also delete it from the group.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for taking the time to respond.