Community Forum

Hey Tom Karinshak Executive Vice President, Customer Service

Highlighted
New Poster

Hey Tom Karinshak Executive Vice President, Customer Service

If you really cared about customer service, your web site would publish an email address which we can use to send customer feedback that would include attached files, email chain, screen shots etc.

Without waiting on the phone and talking to some operator who knows nothing and whose job is get rid of me, I want to forward the likely phishing email I got from a sender that mouse-over idicates is xfinity@info.xfinity.com.    Shouldn't you own all sites that end with xfinity.com making it easier for your customers to recognize genuine/phony email?

Expert

Re: Hey Tom Karinshak Executive Vice President, Customer Service

@Anon15872 wrote:

If you really cared about customer service, your web site would publish an email address which we can use to send customer feedback that would include attached files, email chain, screen shots etc.

Without waiting on the phone and talking to some operator who knows nothing and whose job is get rid of me, I want to forward the likely phishing email I got from a sender that mouse-over idicates is xfinity@info.xfinity.com.    Shouldn't you own all sites that end with xfinity.com making it easier for your customers to recognize genuine/phony email?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I have forwarded the suspicious email to abuse@comcast.net as recommended in an email I received from :

I would still have preferred to find an email address for customer support on the  "Contact Customer Support" link instead of or in addition to a "Message from Tom".

Expert

@Anon15872 wrote:

Shouldn't you own all sites that end with xfinity.com making it easier for your customers to recognize genuine/phony email?

You do know that these scammers can easily spoof their email addresses to make it look like any person on any domain they want, right? 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Didn't think of that but I'm not surprised.  What kind of problems would occur if that was not allowed?  Same question for robocallers that spoof the incoming phone number.