Community Forum

Help! My email is wiped out and no longer receiving mail.

New Poster

Help! My email is wiped out and no longer receiving mail.

Hi there! I was able to read in a forum that someone had a similar issue I’m having and it was resolved so I have hope. Smiley Happy. It’s urgent as I have no email, nothing is coming through, so here goes...

My email stopped coming through several months ago. It started gradually. I’d receive some emails (but not all) on my iPhone, some on my iPad, but all emails would at least go through to my desktop. Until today. I use all apple products. I called Comcast when I started to gradually not receive the emails a few months ago and explained I’ve had this email for about 15 years. I was shocked when they told me my email doesn’t exist and hasn’t for years. Obviously that’s not possible since I’ve used it everyday for 15 years.

A very rude customer service person said he’d open a ticket and that was a few months ago and I never received a response. It’s rather confusing. I can log in online but there are no emails except for emails from 2011 and earlier. We’ve moved a few times in the past 15 years but every time they’ve transferred our emails to the new accounts. I read in a forum here someone had a similar problem and after talking to a million people, someone was finally able to restore their account. Please help! I have no idea if I’ll even know if someone responds to this as I’m not receiving any emails! Thanks!-Heather

Expert

Re: Help! My email is wiped out and no longer receiving mail.

On the computer, are you using Mac Mail?  If so, disable the account in it, then disable it in the Mail app on the other  devices.  Once that's done, sign into the account using only your browser and the webmail interface.  Does the email look OK then?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Help! My email is wiped out and no longer receiving mail.

Thanks. I will try but fearful it will wipe out my emails that I have saved. Unfortunately it's this way on all my Mac devices but will try.