Community Forum

Hating the new email format!

Regular Visitor

Hating the new email format!

I dont usually post in this type of forum. However I am SO aggravated with this email change I could scream. Looking down the list of some of the posts as far back as 2015/2016 when they first "Previewed" this to certain customers they were having problems, and I am having the same problems with it now. No, send button appears if I use Chrome.   I spent two days on the phone with tech support, to be told "It's not an issue with Xfinity/Comcst, it just isnt always compatible with Google Chrome".  REALLY! The old system worked just fine.You made the change, so how is it NOT an Xfintiy problem.  Did you people never hear the old saying "if it aint broke, dont fix it".  I was not given an option of wanting it. It was forced upon me. Let me state catagoricaly, I HATE this email system. And I am disgusted with the disreguard this shows for customers who are paying a premium rate for service. Who's bone headed idea was this anyway?

Expert

Re: Hating the new email format!

You have options:

1) Enable the account in a desktop email client like Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail (Windows 10) or some other. That way you can access your account and don't have to look at the Comcast UI. There are a lot of other advantages using a client over only webmail anyway.

2) Set the account to auto-forward to some other, non-Comcast, account you have like Outlook.com, Gmail, Yahoo, Mail.com or some other.

3) Some webmail providers now give you the ability to set up external accounts and use their interface. Notable examples would be Gmail, Outlook.com, and Mail.com. Comcast webmail now has this feature as well.

And in the Compose page, the Send button is at the bottom left corner of the page.

Regular Visitor

Re: Hating the new email format!

My point sir, is that not all of us are computer savy.  We have a right to expect a certain amount of consistancy in the services we buy. I appreciate your suggestions, but why should I have to go through all the machinations mention in your response, just to get to my email, there was NOTHING wrong with the old one. I dont believe it is too much to ask that they "de bug" the system before forcing it on us.

I am a self employed person, and I office at home. The email connection is vital to my ability to work. This is the third time in 12 months that changes or company procedures have cost me time which costs me money. From the repair process inconvenience, when it is thier equipment not mine, and now the email debacle.It is their disreqard for the havoc they create, and the effects to thier customers that sets my teeth on edge. If I were as slow and unconcerned when paying my bill I would soon be cut off.  I am trying to stay loyal because I dont have a lot of options in the area I live.  I am in sales and if I showed this kind of disregard for my customers I would soon be out of business.