Community Forum

Hacked Email

Regular Visitor

Hacked Email

Over the last two weeks I have been receiving "perminant error" codes for spam being sent from my account (hundreds) and shutting down my email for sending to many in a 24 hour period. Five password and security question changes later and I'm still having this problem. The spam is a phishing scam because now strangers are replying to my accound disputing a bill that just received. I am not a business. Security has not been any assistance in this matter. There are no sent messahes in my sent box

Expert

Re: Hacked Email

It sounds like your account is being "spoofed".  If that is the case the only thing you could do is the nuclear option---------change your email address.  But I'm going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow up if Comcast security couldn't help with it.

Official Employee

Re: Hacked Email

Hi, Trock1 - I will need to get your full name, phone or account number, and an email address you are having issues with to further troubleshoot. Please send me a private message with the requested information. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.