Community Forum

HOW to change FORUM name

Regular Contributor

HOW to change FORUM name

Need to change forum name...Looked everywhere does not show up anywhere. Pref- settings-profile nothing lets you change it nor does it show it... It should show the name being used somewhere so it can be changed!!!TY

Expert

Re: HOW to change FORUM name

@bluebird51 wrote:

Need to change forum name...Looked everywhere does not show up anywhere. Pref- settings-profile nothing lets you change it nor does it show it... It should show the name being used somewhere so it can be changed!!!TY

Why are you wanting to change your forum name?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@bluebird51 wrote:

I tried this a long time ago.  The only way would be to create another email address, then register for the forums again using a new name.  The first account would still be there though.  I have two forum accounts, I just never use the other one.  I had set up the second one thinking I could use either email address for the same forum account, but you can't.  Your forum name is tied to whichever email address you used when you registered.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

A forum name can also be something different from your email addresss [the part before the @ sign].  My forum name has nothing to do with my email address.