Community Forum

HELP! Blocking my outgoing emails

savvyvercru
New Poster

HELP! Blocking my outgoing emails

I currently use Xfinity as my internet provider and I work from home using a macbook pro. We use the apple mail applicaiton for our work emails (they are not comcast email accounts....       @r**d.net)  and I have no problem sending emails when I use my phone as a hotspot or am on another internet providers service (boyfriend has frontier). I have tried calling to get help becuase I can send emails no problem it is just my outgoing servers being blocked but the gentleman didn't really understand the issue. It has to be an internet related probelm and I have to be able to work from home so please help! 

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: HELP! Blocking my outgoing emails

If the issue is only happening while you are on your home network then what has likely happened is that your company server has blocked your home IP from connecting/sending from their server. You can generally google "whats my IP" and provide it to your company's IT and they can clear any blocks placed on the IP address.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
savvyvercru
New Poster

Our IT person said that that is not the issue. He worked on trying to see if it was an email/port problem and that was not it either because I am able to use my laptop else where and have no problem.

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Can you help clarify a bit - what is the error message exactly (error codes and all) that you get when trying to send emails from your work email?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!