Community Forum

HBO GO not allowing me to sign in on Android

Frequent Visitor

HBO GO not allowing me to sign in on Android

I tried looking at the other places to submit a question, but none of the phone app options matched. As others have stated on some previous threads, I am unable to login to the HBO GO app on my android device. Per suggestions from HBO and other threads here, data has been cleared along with the cache for web browsing and the HBO GO app as well as uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. The error message pops up before it allows you sign in through your network provider.
Official Employee

Re: HBO GO not allowing me to sign in on Android

Hi there, Thebestodb. 

Are you able to log in HB GO on a laptop or smart TV? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I am able to login in on my computer. I keep thinking maybe there is something wrong with my cookies or something like that, but everything has been cleared and uninstalled and reinstalled. It is baffling.
Official Employee

Can you post the error message you are getting? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

'Signed Out - We are having trouble verifying your access to HBO GO with your TV provider. If you continue to have this issue, contact your TV provider for assistance.
Official Employee

Thebestodb, let me check into your account, to make sure. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Frequent Visitor

HBO GO not working on android device

I'm resubmitting this because I was contacted by 'Comcast Martin' who proceeded to pretend to want to answer questions and then I guess he got fired or something because he never replied back to any of the requests

here is my original post. I've tried every imaginable work around and nothing is fixed. Everything has been reset and all broswers flushed. I've read previously that someone at comcast, if they did a little eeency bit of work can get this problem resolved. I'm just hoping someone can look into my account and actually do it. 

---------

I tried looking at the other places to submit a question, but none of the phone app options matched. As others have stated on some previous threads, I am unable to login to the HBO GO app on my android device. Per suggestions from HBO and other threads here, data has been cleared along with the cache for web browsing and the HBO GO app as well as uninstalling and reinstalling multiple times. The error message pops up before it allows you sign in through your network provider.

Expert

Re: HBO GO not working on android device

@Thebestodb wrote:

I'm resubmitting this because I was contacted by 'Comcast Martin' who proceeded to pretend to want to answer questions and then I guess he got fired or something because he never replied back to any of the requests

here is my original post. I've tried every imaginable work around and nothing is fixed. Everything has been reset and all broswers flushed. I've read previously that someone at comcast, if they did a little eeency bit of work can get this problem resolved. I'm just hoping someone can look into my account and actually do it. 

---------

I combined your posts since same subject. did you send a PM as requested by @ComcastMartin back in may?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi there, Thebestodb. 

Our forums posts close out after 7 days from not hearing back from the customer. When you had sent the PM again, it was not associated with your forum post as it was closed. The private messages you sent outside your forum post never got to me. 

I am still here and still want to help. I will need you to resend me a private message with your first and last name.

Thank you for posting to our forums! 

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I sent three replies with no response to date, which is why I was forced to post here again if that wasn't clear.
Frequent Visitor

I sent replies on 6-3, 6-6 & 6-8
Official Employee

Hi there, bestodb. 

I am going to close this post out because it is causing an issue with the other post you made. When you are ready please send me a private message again. 

Thank you! 

Official Employee

I am now closing this post out to due to inactivity. If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out! Take care!