Community Forum

Group Address not working - New modem

Contributor

Group Address not working - New modem

My Group Addresses are not working when I try to address a group email.

Does this have anything to do with an email I received from Xfinity saying they were sending me a new modem?

The email said "A technical issue with the Wireless Gateway in your home was recently identified by the manufacturer. This is not a safety concern; however it may affect the device's future performance, so we are replacing it free of charge.
We've shipped you a replacement Wireless Gateway, which will arrive within 7-10 business days. You will need to activate it by 6/14/18".

THE EMAIL ABOUT NEW MODEM MIGHT BE SCAM!

Expert

Re: Group Address not working - New modem

Does the email have the Xfinity Verified Email logo at the top of the header?------------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-verified-email/

If not it's a scam attempt.

Contributor

I ended up calling UPS and they verified that a package was going to be delivered. So then I called Comcast and found out that my modem was indeed defective. The email I received said it must be activated my June 14th, but the guy at Comcast said that was a "soft" date. Just activate it as soon as you can. I feel better now.

As to the other part of my message; I found that my groups can be accessed, but only in a new way. To the right of the To: bar on an email that I am trying to compose, there is an icon of a group. If you click on the icon, another box opens where you can type in the name of the group and it populates the To: email section.

I hope that makes sense.

Expert

Yes, it makes sense, and that is what should happen.  But if you click on "To:" to the left of the empty field you should see the same thing.