Community Forum

Google Group emails not being received by Comast?

Regular Visitor

Google Group emails not being received by Comast?

I am a member of a small Google Group, about 15 people.  For years I have received emails to/from the group at my Comcast email.  Recently, it has been sporadic -- I receive some and not others.  

Today, I received one email from a Google group member who had replied to another email that I had not received--so I received one reply email, but not the original!   I went into the Google Group and resent the email to myself, and it did not come through.  I also noticed that there were 7 other replies to the original email -- but I had only received one of the replies.

But, if I send a Gmail from my Gmail account to my Comcast account, it goes through just fine.

Something strange is happening with Google Group emails going to Comcast customers.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regular Visitor

Re: Google Group emails not being received by Comast?

It gets stranger....  I've been playing around a bit with the Google Group email.

I forwarded it from the Google Group to a Gmail account I have.  Received, no problem.

Then I took that forwarded email and forwarded it from my Gmail account to my Comcast account -- it won't go (tried several times).

But, if I send a "test" message from that same Gmail account to Comcast, it works just fine and is received.

So not only am I not receiving Google Group emails on a Comcast email, but the forwarded Google Group message will not be received either.  But Gmail itself seems fine.

I'd love to know why!

Official Employee

Hi there, nancym1. This is a known issue and we are working on it. Thank you for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Glad to hear that it's a known issue and being worked on.

I look forward to the solution.  I have had my comcast email on this Google Group for several years without a problem.  Only recently has something changed and I'm not receiving emails.

In the meantime, I called Comcast, and was told to go to the email account online, to the email settings/advanced settings, and check mark the "save copy of emails marked as spam".

After that, I re-sent a previously not-received email from the google gourp, and it showed up in the "junk" folder.  But it's listed from the group email, not from the original poster, as is typical.

I have to wait to see if more emails come through or not.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for reporting the results of the testing you performed, nancym1. We will be happy to share announcement if/when the Google Group emails issue is resolved. We thank you for your patience in the mean time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Things seem to be working now -- I am now receiving Google Group emails.

Not sure what the fix was, but it seems to be fixed.  Will update if there are any further problems.

Thanks!

Official Employee

nancym1, glad to hear it! If anyone else is having issues with Google Group emails, please let us know.