Community Forum

Google Group emails not being received by Comast?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Google Group emails not being received by Comast?

I am a member of a small Google Group, about 15 people.  For years I have received emails to/from the group at my Comcast email.  Recently, it has been sporadic -- I receive some and not others.  

Today, I received one email from a Google group member who had replied to another email that I had not received--so I received one reply email, but not the original!   I went into the Google Group and resent the email to myself, and it did not come through.  I also noticed that there were 7 other replies to the original email -- but I had only received one of the replies.

But, if I send a Gmail from my Gmail account to my Comcast account, it goes through just fine.

Something strange is happening with Google Group emails going to Comcast customers.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Regular Visitor

Re: Google Group emails not being received by Comast?

It gets stranger....  I've been playing around a bit with the Google Group email.

I forwarded it from the Google Group to a Gmail account I have.  Received, no problem.

Then I took that forwarded email and forwarded it from my Gmail account to my Comcast account -- it won't go (tried several times).

But, if I send a "test" message from that same Gmail account to Comcast, it works just fine and is received.

So not only am I not receiving Google Group emails on a Comcast email, but the forwarded Google Group message will not be received either.  But Gmail itself seems fine.

I'd love to know why!

Official Employee

Hi there, nancym1. This is a known issue and we are working on it. Thank you for your patience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Glad to hear that it's a known issue and being worked on.

I look forward to the solution.  I have had my comcast email on this Google Group for several years without a problem.  Only recently has something changed and I'm not receiving emails.

In the meantime, I called Comcast, and was told to go to the email account online, to the email settings/advanced settings, and check mark the "save copy of emails marked as spam".

After that, I re-sent a previously not-received email from the google gourp, and it showed up in the "junk" folder.  But it's listed from the group email, not from the original poster, as is typical.

I have to wait to see if more emails come through or not.

Official Employee

Thanks for reporting the results of the testing you performed, nancym1. We will be happy to share announcement if/when the Google Group emails issue is resolved. We thank you for your patience in the mean time. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Things seem to be working now -- I am now receiving Google Group emails.

Not sure what the fix was, but it seems to be fixed.  Will update if there are any further problems.

Thanks!

Official Employee

nancym1, glad to hear it! If anyone else is having issues with Google Group emails, please let us know. 

New Poster

I have the same issue with my Google Group via our Google for Nonprofits account. When I send an email to the group from my Comcast email, it goes to everyone except the one other person in the group who also has a Comcast account. However, I am also in the group with my gmail account, and if I send a group email from my gmail, everyone receives it, including the other Comcast person. For us, it's an issue when both the sender and receiver have Comcast email addresses. The email is not received by the Comcast person at all (it does not appear in their Spam folder), and as the sender, I receive no notification that the email has failed or bounced for that person. Whatever fix seems to have helped the original poster of this issue is not helping us. Like others posting similar issues, this cropped up a couple of months ago. Prior to that, we had no issues with emails not being received.

Regular Visitor

You have described my situation exactly. It seems to happen only because the person who distributes most frequently has a Comcast.net account. She and I are the only people in the group on comcast

Official Employee

@jpewhs I would need to know the domain involved in the messages in order to better troubleshoot the issue.

New Poster

The domain is flemingtonpres.org

Official Employee

@jpewhs We actually got another escalation about this church the other day.  I believe it should already be resolved.  If you believe this is not the case, please let me know.

New Poster

I am having the same issue from (it appears) all of my google groups.  very frustrating.  I cannot send messages to the groups from my comcast email either (nothing shows up anywhere...not even in the google group), but I can send them from my gmail account fine and I receive from gmail into my comcast.net account.

I also stopped receiving emails that I have cc'd to a website account that automatically forwards from the website email to my personal email.  I do receive emails sent from that website account though.

This is hurting my volunteer duties and my business.  Please help 

Official Employee

@wendyruhl This should be resolved (at least for one of the mailing lists) in about 15 minutes.  If there are others, please send me a PM with more details.  Thank you.

New Poster

everything looks great for now.  Thank you so much!!

Regular Visitor

I'm having the same issue with a church Google Group I manage. The members with comcast emails are not receiving my messages and can't find the emails in their spam folders. I'd like to PM the details but can't figure out how (don't judge :-)

Official Employee

@MisterMikeM I'll PM you to get it started

New Poster

I am also having this same issue. We have a smallish Google Group with 38 members. The group email is: groupxyz@googlegroups.com.  All messages to our @comcast.net email users is not reaching them. Comcast seems to be filtering the emails. Direct gmail to @comcast.net users emails is working. This is a large problem for us since the Group email is used to comunicate important events and conduct group operations. Folks assume group email is relaibale and working.  I would greatly appreciate if this can be investigated and fixed. Please do directly contact me so I can prove the exact group name and and additional infor required or also happy to get online and test with someone. Thank you. 

New Poster

Same issue. Has been happening sporadically for a month or two. Have about half a dozen recipients who get some but not every Google Groups mail.
Official Employee

@Koreyobrien Could you send me a PM with some details such as the sending domain, or some intended recipients?  Thanks

New Poster

My husband and I are having the same problem.  We both have Comcast email addresses, and are not receiving group messages from a gmail account we should be hearing from regularly.  On the sender's end, everything is fine, addresses typed in correctly, etc.  Please help us rectify!

Official Employee

@mlbailey77 Sending you a PM to get some details

New Poster

When is this issue going to be fixed? OR, at least tell me how to delete the gmail (Google) account that I added to my Comcast email account about a year ago, and had no problems until a couple weeks ago when I received a constant popup error message saying "you're working on this known issue".

PLEASE DO SOMETHING TO FIX THIS & QUICKLY.

Official Employee

They are working on resolving this, but if you'd like to disable this:

Go into Settings, then Accounts.  You should see the list of accounts.  You can delete it there (maybe disable it if that's an option)

New Poster

I lead a group of folks that have been working together on a project for the past couple years. Sometime in the last few months we've lost communication with all but a couple of our 41 comcast email recipients. Please help!

Official Employee

@SusanWAstate Could you provide the domain on the emails that are missing?

New Poster

I simply send them from my personal gmail account, to the 180 or so people in our group, 41 of whom use Comcast email. Something changed yesterday (8/14/2019) and I heard back from several of the Comcast people who received my most recent email after not receiving any for months. 

Official Employee

@SusanWAstate You're going to have to DM me your gmail address.  I'm sure we can sort this out, but I'll need that to do the necessary research.

New Poster

How do I DM you? Or should I just type my email address into this Reply?

Official Employee

SusanWAstate, try tapping the account name (ComcastAntiSpam) and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send a message on the right. 

Regular Visitor

I get the same message about reaching gmail.  Your advice was to go into settings and delete the Google email account, but I find nothing that let's me do that.