Community Forum

G Suite emails not being delivered to comcast.net addresses

New Poster

G Suite emails not being delivered to comcast.net addresses

Hello,

My cleint, Renaissance Secondary School (rensec.org) is having a problem whereby emails they send to comcast.net email addresses are not being delivered.  I worked on this with Google, and they were not able to resolve the problem because everything on their end is configured properly.  I found a forum entry (https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Gsuite-Messages-not-getting-through-to-Comcast-net/...) from another user who had the same issue, and their domain had been flagged as problematic by Comcast.  Can you please take a look at my domain to see if we've been similarly flagged?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regular Visitor

Re: G Suite emails not being delivered to comcast.net addresses

Hi @RenSecIT! I'm having the same issue and it's been very frustrating trying to understand what the issue is and how to address it. I've spent numerous hours on the phone between Comcast, Google, and GoDaddy and I feel like I can't get an answer from anyone - it's like no one has heard of this issue before. How did you end up solving it? Like you, our business domain emails, managed through GSuite, aren't getting to any @comcast.net users - there are no bounce emails, no notification of any issues, just emails going missing in the ether. Thanks for any guidance! @ComcastAntiSpam - Can you help?

Official Employee

I would need to know the domain that you're having problems with.  If possible, sending a test message today might also help.  Thanks.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Hello! Thanks for your reply!

The domain is LancasterRecumbent.com. I've worked with GSuite to update DNS, DMARC, SPF records and have been sending test messages to our personal comcast.net emails accounts to see if things have self-resolved. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Sarah

Official Employee

Give it a try now.  It looks like there was a number of spam complaints relating to that domain.  If it's still not working, send me a PM, and we'll get it sorted out.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam I'm having this same problem sending emails from the domain ristineteam.com

New Poster

Hi @ComcastAntiSpam ,

Emails from the G-Suite domain livingonhhi.com are not sending to comcast.net. Can you rectify this issue? Thank you!

Official Employee

I saw your PM, and I did reply.  It should have been resolved a few hours ago I believe.

Regular Visitor

We've had many issues with sending to comcast.net addresses (stillwaterlibraryfoundation.org).  One of our consultants had a comcast.net address and it took 3-4 months to figure out that she wasn't getting the messages.  Additionally I've been having issues setting up google groups in our suite domain as one of out members has a comcast.net account and doesn't seem to get the emails.  It's not an issue with any other users e-mail addresses.

We dont' have a professional gsuite manager, only volunteers, but I did figure out after some searching that it's important to have SPF, DKIM, DMARC setup for the domain.  We did have SPF setup, but not DKIM or DMARC.

However, google's own security checklist for small businesses only recommends SPF setup to avoid having e-mails marked as spam:

https://support.google.com/a/answer/9211704?hl=en&ref_topic=7559287

Anyway, I setup DKIM and DMARC for our domain hoping that would fix the issue but it hasn't.  So I guess we're being blocked for some reason - could you look into why we're being blocked?  I can send from my personal comcast.net account to my e-mail at the foundation but when I reply they never make it through and don't even show up in the spam folder.

Official Employee

Give it a try, looks like there were a number of reports against your messages, and it caused them to be flagged as spam.

Generally, yes, DKIM/SPF/DMARC are all good things though, and I give you credit for adopting those.

Regular Visitor

Thank you.  It appears to be fixed now.  Is there some way to know what e-mails originally caused the issue or get any more details on why the messages ended up being blocked for everyone on comcast?  I don't believe we ever had any mass mailing sent out from any address at stillwaterlibraryfoundation.org as mailchimp still uses an old gmail account for sending.

Or are there steps I can take to get notified if we end up in this state again?  We have some comcast users on the foundation board and while I want everyone to start relying on google groups it would be a problem if our comcast users started not receiving any communications from those group addresses due to the whole domain being blacklisted.

Official Employee

It was a number of "Spam" complaints from recipients.  It doesn't always have to be mass marketing, but can be just that someone doesn't want to get the messages and doesn't use delete/unsubscribe.  If it recurs, feel free to PM my account, and we'll get it sorted out ASAP.

New Poster

I'm having the exact same issue. Our domain is EarthWayRealEstate.com
I was dealing with someone about this last week.. they told me to do a few things. I thought it was resolved but its' not. How to remedy? Our entire real estate company is unable to get any emails through to comcast.net recipients.
Official Employee

@ritasrealestate Should be all sorted out now, please verify.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam  I have the same issue, I cannot receive emails from G-suite, can I know the reason and the solution.

Official Employee

You'll need to provide the domain of the missing messages before we can give that information.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam  @luxs.design

New Poster

Hi there, we are also having this trouble--no bounceback, and no messages in recipient spam folders either, that we can glean.

The domain is schlowlibrary.org--pretty sure our SPF/DKIM setup is good.

Could you possibly check for us @ComcastAntiSpam ?

Official Employee

it's not the same core reason, but I see the problem.  I've requested it be resolved, and it typically takes about 30 minutes to get to production.

New Poster

Wow--thank you so much @ComcastAntiSpam for your rapid response.  Is this the best venue to resolve future issues like these then?  Also, if there's anything amiss on our end, please let me know so we can help avoid it--our library patrons get cranky when they don't get their notifications from us.

New Poster

Hi, emails from gmail.com containing the legit link

https://www.snow-forecast.com/resorts/Mount-Baker/6day/mid

are being blocked without any bounce back, notice or spam tagging. The site is clean on Virustotal.com

Thanks for checking in to this.

Official Employee

@MM-LFP Give it a try in 15 minutes or so.

New Poster

It works! Thanks so much.

It is a little worrying that I might be missing other emails due to this feature. Would it not be better to tag them as spam/junk and let the customer white list them? Thanks again for all your help.
New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam I'm having this same problem sending emails from the domain(s) forumclubpalmbeach.org and forumclubpb.com - can you please look into this. Thank you!

Official Employee

@2tonagency Should be resolved shortly. 

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam thank you for your quick attention to this! We've been driving ourselves crazy trying to get it fixed. You're the best 

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam

getting a simular issue from my work's bcleanwater.org email account.  we use O365 via Godaddy. 

If i send an email to comcast.net from Outlook Desktop at work, or on the phone at work or in the wild, it doesn't work. if i log into outlook.office365.com at work still nothing. BUT, if i log into outlook.office365.com from home the emails come in just fine.

Official Employee

@mykol Please try now, should be coming through now

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam

We're seeing the same thing with our Rowing Association: @whatcomrowing.org. We use GSuite and our members who have Xfinity/Comcast email addresses aren't getting emails when they are sent to a group alias for our classes as well as emails that are sent individually. Can you help with that?

Official Employee

@kevmacmills Should be resolved in 15 minutes or so

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam

My domain is also having issues sending to comcast.net emails.

Domain is @rickwenzeloil.com

If you could please help with this, it would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Official Employee

@jeffreyrwenzel Should be clear in about 15-20 minutes, please let us know if you continue to see issues.

Frequent Visitor

I am also having this issue. It is terrible. Any update?

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam wrote:

I would need to know the domain that you're having problems with.  If possible, sending a test message today might also help.  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam wrote:

Give it a try now.  It looks like there was a number of spam complaints relating to that domain.  If it's still not working, send me a PM, and we'll get it sorted out.

Official Employee

You'll need to supply at least the problematic domain so we can do some additional research.

Regular Visitor

I am also having issues with our domain (@ComcastAntiSpam  please DM/PM me for the domain, I'd prefer not to disclose it on this forum) which utilizes Gsuite for our email provider. 

• I've boosted our email security to meet the standards posted by Comcast.
  • I've submitted a request to remove any IP blacklists that might exist, but I was told that we weren't on any such list. 
  • I've added a Contact record in my comcast.net account
  • I've sent an email from my comcast.net account to our domain email account to test if a reply email would at least be delivered

None of these troubleshooting attempts have resolved the issue. :/

Can you help @ComcastAntiSpam?

Official Employee

Replied to @jvankley via PM

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam 

We are having the same issue - emails not going through to comcast emails from our bscwc.org email address.  Thanks for the help.  

-Scott

Official Employee

@sfd5003 Should be resolved in about 15 minutes or so.

New Poster

Thank you!!

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam Hello ComcastAntiSpam, I appear to be having a similar issues. Emails from our domain oxalisportland.com are not reaching my personal Comast account or the accounts of our customers. Interestingly, we do send some emails from a mailing list (via MailChimp) -- those emails appear to make it through to Comcast, but one-off emails that we sent via G Suite do not make it. 

Can you please assist with this issue? I've spent hours trying to get it resolved already. Thank you for any assistance!

New Poster

Hi. Our client from AndysPainting.com has G-Suite emails for this domain that are being blocked by Comcast as well. We have updated SPF etc, but not luck. Any help ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Official Employee

TheFonzie83, did you get help with this already? 

Ken

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam @ComcastKenF cigconstruction.com has G-Suite emails for this domain that are being blocked by Comcast as well. Can you assist with this?

Official Employee

@jt9974 should be cleared shortly

New Poster

Hi! I have the same issue with @betterplaceforests.com - could you please help?

New Poster

Hi @ComcastAntiSpam my business emails via G Suites also don't get through to people with Comcast accounts (I had one person never be able to get emails from me and two of my frequent installers suddenly stopped getting my emails after always receiving them before). I run a small business, and it's frustrating to not be able to contact my vendors. Can you please verify that my domain quartzandbone.com is not being rejected?

Regular Visitor

My domain is also having issues sending to comcast.net emails.

Domain is @decoratingthrill.com as well as gsuite emails.

If you could please help!

Thank you

Official Employee

@spencerandbeth Should be resolved in about 15 minutes

@jcf1 And the same for you.