Community Forum

Filter rules

New Poster

Filter rules

Can I use wildcard in a filter rule? i.e. *@anysite.com to stop all mail from that email domain using filter rule for sender/from. Thanks

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Filter rules

I don't know whether the filters accept wildcards, but if you use Contains instead of Matches, you don't need them for your example. You can match "*@anysite.com" by using "Contains @anysite.com".

If you are familiar with "regular expressions" you can use Regex. If not familiar, you probably don't want to tackle that one.

New Poster

I created a filter rule to move all e-mail containing the text "unsubscribe" to a folder named Unsubscribe" but it does not seem to be working.  Any ideas?

Expert

fixpertise wrote:

I created a filter rule to move all e-mail containing the text "unsubscribe" to a folder named Unsubscribe" but it does not seem to be working.  Any ideas?

Did you use the body of the email as the criteria, or something else?  Do you mean the unsubscribe link that appears at the bottom of some emails from companies and so forth?

New Poster

Currenlty, there is one simple rule:

If content contains (the string) "unsubscribe" (w/o quotes), then move the e-mail to the Unsubscribe folder. 

I did intend to catch all e-mails with an "unsubscribe" link, but right now it fails even if I send the account a simple e-mail (in text or HTML format) with one-line containing the word "unsubscribe".   Keep in mind that the word unsubscribe, even in an HTML link, should be found.  

I have tried removing the rule and re-creating it, but that does not help. 

I even tried a chat session with Comcast, but after the rep tried  for over 1/2 hour to resolve it with no progress, I had him file an internal case.  I am now awaiting a call back, but odds are that won't happen.

Tags (1)