Community Forum

File Upload Failed

New Poster

File Upload Failed

Beginning on Friday, March 23rd, 2018, when sending an email with one or more attachments, I receive the following response "File upload failed:  "new"."  What do I need to do to fix this issue?  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Re: File Upload Failed

Same exact issue here Smiley Sad 

Frequent Visitor

Its definetely a webmail issue. I just sent the same emails with attachments form Outllook ( same comcast account) and the attchements sent so it doesnt appear to be an IMAP server issue

New Poster

...have been having to send attachments by using my personal account through gmail...and with no problems!  have tried contacting support directly but no help from that angle...I am thinking of being a pain (other than my usual self...) tomorrow and going directly to the local Comcast office for help...I need to send attachments on a daily basis!

New Poster

Has anyone resolved this issue?
Expert

@600 wrote:

...have been having to send attachments by using my personal account through gmail...and with no problems!  have tried contacting support directly but no help from that angle...I am thinking of being a pain (other than my usual self...) tomorrow and going directly to the local Comcast office for help...I need to send attachments on a daily basis!

What kind of file are you trying to send?  How big is it?  Exactly what happens when you try?  Are you getting any error message?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am receiving the error message: 

File upload failed: "new".

... trying to attach a mere 513 kb docx (Word) file and a 55 kb Excel file .... 

Expert

I have not encountered this before.  I'm curious;  can you attach a photo to an email and send it?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Just tried a jpeg ... got the same error message. 

New Poster

Also just tried a png, a tiff, and a pdf ... same error message for any/all.  

Also tried several different recipients, with several different destination email services ... no difference.  

Expert

We need to eliminate this as a possible cause------------

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

Then post back.  If it still doesn't work I'll escalate the thread to the forum admins so someone can look at the account.

New Poster

Today it's working without problems (without even clearing browser cache).  

Tried all same files with both Chrome and Edge, same as yesterday, and now it works without error.  

New Poster

I have the same issue, just started today. I was able to upload the file and send successfully via Outlook. Comcast/Xfinity, I think we have a system problem here.

New Poster

Mine is FINALLY working today....keeping my fingers crossed....

New Poster

I'm running into this same problem today. Never had a problem before attached an jpg or PDF, and now they both fail. I also noticed that when I tried to "forward" the message that had one of the attachments, it also failed. It just produced an error message before even popping up the message to be forwarded. Seems the problem hasn't disappeared completely.

New Poster

when I try to attach any document to any email I recieive the "upload failed, new" message. Has anyone determined the cause of the problem and how to correct it?

Regular Visitor

Just started today. Can not send attachments or I get the error message mentioned. 

New Poster

I am having the same issue.  Has anyone found a way to fix it?

Expert

@soca2 wrote:

I am having the same issue.  Has anyone found a way to fix it?

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  I am unable to duplicate this issue myself.  I'm using Chrome on an iMac right now.

New Poster

Same Problem. Logged out and Logged back in and it seemed to fix it.

Frequent Visitor

Just started with me an hour ago. So this is an ongoing problem that has never been resolved by Xfinity. 

Expert

@archerm2003 wrote:

Just started with me an hour ago. So this is an ongoing problem that has never been resolved by Xfinity. 

Did you try logging out, and logging back in?

New Poster

I have a very similar problem. My mobile email client "Xfinity Connect" will not attach a .png file to my emaills.  

It will send the email, the email on the receiving end will show that there is an attachment (paper clip),  but no attachment can be found.