Community Forum

Emails not being received by recipient, but show up in Sent Folder

Regular Visitor

Re: Emails not being received by recipient, but show up in Sent Folder

Thank you!

Regular Visitor

I have same issue.  For over 3 weeks E-mails from only one of the addresses on my account do not go through to recipients.  Shows up as sent in sent folder.  Please help.

Official Employee

@stuth Can you send me a DM with the email address that is having problems?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

The outgoing email or the address that is not receiving them?  

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. Is there help for me?

Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I'm having what seems to be the same email message sucessfully sent via SMTP but never delivered problem.

Please don't panic and assume that this is more complicated than it is.  I'm writing a Python program and it's workimg fine accoording to the SMTP responses from your system.

Here is the output in the debugging mode -  (note you don't need to follow the details of what it's doing, the real problem is that the SMTP server isn't indicating any errors - my only edits were to replace my id's with 'xxxxxxxx' so as to not have me receiving a ton of spam.):

+++++++++++++++ start of dialog

Logged in to server:'smtp.comcast.net' with name:'xxxxxxxx@comcast.net'
send: 'mail FROM:<xxxxxxx@comcast.net> size=66\r\n'
reply: b'250 2.1.0 <xxxxxxxx@comcast.net> sender ok\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'2.1.0 <xxxxxxxx@comcast.net> sender ok'
send: 'rcpt TO:<xxxxxxxx@gmail.com>\r\n'
reply: b'250 2.1.5 <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com> recipient ok\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'2.1.5 <xxxxxxxx@gmail.com> recipient ok'
send: 'data\r\n'
reply: b'354 OK\r\n'
reply: retcode (354); Msg: b'OK'
data: (354, b'OK')
send: b'Subject: Test message subject.\r\n This is a the text of the message\r\n.\r\n'
reply: b'250 2.0.0 6cg1iT7AIwP836cg1iNwfX mail accepted for delivery\r\n'
reply: retcode (250); Msg: b'2.0.0 6cg1iT7AIwP836cg1iNwfX mail accepted for delivery'
data: (250, b'2.0.0 6cg1iT7AIwP836cg1iNwfX mail accepted for delivery')
Sent messaage via server:'smtp.comcast.net'with name:'xxxxxxxx@comcast.net'
send: 'quit\r\n'
reply: b'221 2.0.0 resomta-po-14v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-14v.sys.comcast.net closing connection\r\n'
reply: retcode (221); Msg: b'2.0.0 resomta-po-14v.sys.comcast.net resomta-po-14v.sys.comcast.net closing connection'

+++++++++++++++ start of dialog

From the rest of the message in this discussion it appears that the messages are being blocked by some AntiSpam filtering.  Please note that the message is plain text, no attachments, no links, nothing at all suspicious. 

I would be glad to post the Python code if you want, the library I'm using is very common (smtplib) and is documented as a good way for Python developers to send email from this programs.  If it's not going to work for Comcast users, let me know and I'll ask the developers to document that it doesn't work for Comcast servers.

Thanks,

Chuck

Official Employee

@ventece I'll send you a DM with some of the details.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, i didn't receive an email from you yet. I did check my spam folder...
Gold Problem Solver

Check your Private Messages inbox at https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue as this and it gets old! I have several comcast.net email addresses but two are not really sending messages. They are both set up the same as the ones that do actually send. I've resorted to having to switch to sending really important messages using a gmail account I set up because of this. Very frustrating and inconvenient. What's with this comcast? Seems like a recurring problem ..... - I've tested by sending a message to my gmail account with the subject 'test' and nothing in the body. Shouldn't be flagged as spam or whatever.........

Official Employee

@Thanks4Help If you'd like us to look into this, please send me a PM with the two email addresses having issues.

Frequent Visitor

how do I send you a pm??

Contributor

Sad to say this problem just reoccured today with 2 group emails I sent, neither went out. This has been working witout any problems for months since Comcast intervened but here we are again. I could use some help here Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Hi, I'm not an employee of Comcast but I'm thinking that they are trying very hard to stop Spam sonthey keep changing the filtering rules. They may see that stops our messages, we complain and they turn off the offending rule and we can work for a while - until someone thinks up a new rule and blovks us again.
I would be happier if they simply limited usc to sending fewer messages but would other wise not try so hard on messages coming through the SMTP gateway. For example, i eant to us this function to tell me about the status of a program so i only need to send at most a few messages to a few addresses. If the gateway was limited to 30 messages and 30 addresses per hour they could then assume we are legitimate users and not sending Spam.

What do you say Comcast?
Contributor

Aside from the issue itself, what makes this worse is that you do not recieve any notification that the email was not sent. My workaround to that part of the probem is to always include myself as a recipent, at least that lets me know the message did not get sent.

Official Employee

@billtagg This appears to be a different cause than previously, but now also remediated.  

Contributor

I did my prior workaround to get the message out, as it was time sensitive, so I will not know until my next attempt if it is truly fixed.  Is there anything that I can do on my end to keep this from re-occurring or is this strictly a Comcast problem?

Official Employee

@billtagg It's really not a problem specific to us, but in how an anti-spam scan views the message.  This can happen here, Gmail, Yahoo, etc.  Many sites use their own tools/methods to derive the outcome, and we don't always know what another site will do, but it is quite common to respond to feedback from recipients.  That can be "spam" reports, or lack of interaction with messages, or other signals.

Regular Visitor

Hi, my company's domain name is also not reaching Comcast.com email clients. It shows up in our sent folder, but the client never receives it. Can you please PM me with what I need to do to fix this? Thank you!
Expert

@Leenieb wrote:
Hi, my company's domain name is also not reaching Comcast.com email clients. It shows up in our sent folder, but the client never receives it. Can you please PM me with what I need to do to fix this? Thank you!

Do you mean comcast.net instead of comcast.com?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.