Community Forum

Emails not being received by recipient, but show up in Sent Folder

New Poster

Emails not being received by recipient, but show up in Sent Folder

One of my customers is experiencing a problem when sending emails. The email shows up in the Sent folder, but the recipients never receive them. If a message is sent to herself, it appears in the Spam folder. She is using mail from the Xfinity web site (http://www.xfinity.com).  I have tried using Windows Edge, Firefox, and Chrome, all with the same result. 

In troubleshooting this problem, I set up MS Outlook and all works fine. However, my customer prefers to use xfinity mail rather than Outlook. I have thoroughly checked the pc for virus, malware, etc., ran chkdsk and SFC - all with no issues found.

Using this email account on another pc at a different location with a different network works fine. Could you please advise the next steps?

Thank you

Official Employee

Re: Emails not being received by recipient, but show up in Sent Folder

Could you send me a private message (click on my name, look in the upper left for  "Send a Message") with some of the details?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@Bud48 wrote: ... email shows up in the Sent folder, but the recipients never receive them. ...

If Comcast's systems decide an email you send violates their terms of service, they just throw it away. There's no bounce message, no notice to you, and no notice to the intended recipient. It's despicable, but that's what they do.

The employee who replied should be able to help you, but the only sure resolution to the problem is to use an ethical email provider instead of Comcast.

New Poster

My emails say sent and recipients are not receiving. I may not be receiving, as a few bills have not arrived that should have. Xfinity worst email 😡
New Poster

I'm having the same problem. No one is getting my emails but they show as sent. I even tried sending one to myself.

Hoping someone has a solution. I seem to be getting all my emails, but how can I be sure?

Contributor

I have the same issue. All the e-mails I sent today from safari and internet explorer show as sent in my sent items but the recipients have NOT received. I can send them from my Comcast iphone app and they will go through. What's going on with the web version???? HELP!!!

New Poster

I am having the same experience as Bud48 explained so well.  I'm not sure why that conversation was moved to private when it's obvious others have the same problem.  The only difference is that when I email myself a test, it doesn't end up in spam, it just disappears.  I have been on the phone with three different customer services representatives and none can help me.  In one of those calls, I was transferred to an upper-level tech support person and waited OVER AN HOUR for someone to pick up.  When I was finally connected, it sounded as though the tech support person was at a party...so loud was the background noise I had difficulty hearing him.  I was on with him less than a minute when the call mysteriously failed and I was talking to dial tone.  I am beyond furious!  When I called the last time, the best solution I was offered was that a ticket would be established and I would have to wait 48 to 72 hours for someone to call back.  Of course, I know the moment I leave the house that's when the call will come....or I won't get any call at all!! 

New Poster

I did nothing and it seems to be working today. Hopefully it was just a 1 day glitch. Seems Comcast/ xfinity has been having a lot of problems lately.

Contributor

Same, mine seems to be working. But outside of bcc'g myself on every e-mail, how do I know they are being received? It's frustrating. And I agree, way too many Comcast problems as of late.

New Poster

Thanks for letting me know your problem has resolved itself.  I'm not that lucky as my test emails to myself still aren't coming through.  This does give me hope, though!

Gold Problem Solver

@kvenezia wrote: ... my test emails to myself still aren't coming through. ...

If an employee doesn't take care of this for you here, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers.

The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

New Poster

mine seemed to be a 1 day thing. Don't know how long you've been dealing with it.

New Poster

Thank you, Bruce W!  I will definitely try this if I don't receive the promised phone call within the 72 time frame.  I'm still really furious the tech for whom I waited an hour to connect with failed to call me back after we were mysteriously disconnected.

New Poster

Mine started at least as far back as 1/4.  I followed-up via text on 1/7 regarding an email I sent on 1/4 and the recipient never received it.  I re-sent it and he still didn't receive it.  So he emailed me and I copied the body of my email into his and replied that way hoping it would work.  It didn't.  That's when I started sending myself test emails.  I've sent four tests in total over the course of the last two days.

New Poster

I have the same issue, messages from domains that are external from comcast.net are not being received. Called support and the Agent had to stick to their script, and unable to assist. 

New Poster

I'm having the same issue. emails sent and not being received by recipient. Going on at least 2 days.  Sent test email to myself and did not get it. 

New Poster

I've been sending myself test emails each day since discovering the problem (which originally started on at least January 4th).  Finally today I received it; though only the one I sent today and none of the emails I sent in the days previous.

So now I have no idea how the problem resolved itself nor do I know if future emails will reach their destination without adding a cc to myself.

I NEVER received a return phone call from tech support as promised.  Really disappointed with the handling of this.

Regular Visitor

I too have this........ I can receive emails from myself, but others (on the same test email) don't receive it..... been like this for 2 days. this. On hold right now, after speaking with security assurance earlier.... 

I wonder 2 thngs:

1- why 'security assurance'?..... Is this a hacking issue?

2-I understand that Windows did an upgrade recently that may have affected this.... are any of you on a Mac?

Regular Visitor

further to my previous......... this is a comcast issue and not hardware, or Outlook. I am having this problem on my phone, Xfinity connect site and my desktop.

does that give any techie a clue that can help us?

Thx

New Poster

BruceW suggested using this number as an alternative if you got nowhere with customer service who are generally working from a script.  It's not a security issue as I understand it.

New Poster

I contacted customer service several times for this issue and was referred twice to an upper-level tech support person.  Both times were a total waste.  As I mentioned previously, the first time I held for over an hour to be connected with the tech only to be mysteriously disconnected with no return phone call.  The second time customer service didn't even bother trying to have me hold for them. I was assured of a return phone call within 48 to 72 hours...that call never came.

As with others responding to this thread, the problem with my outgoing email has resolved itself, but now I have no way of knowing if it continues to work without bccing myself with each email.

Regular Visitor

hmmmmmm  mysterious..........

I wonder if something on the server IDs these as spam, or junk, or phishing so others' filters catch  them.

OR

these issues are another kind of 'security' ........ Does Orwell work for comcast?

Regular Visitor

as with BBYK..... mine is now working ok again...... 

I have to wonder if we weren't somehow randomly picked for some kind of a security audit.... by comcast or another entity......hence the 'security assurance' deptartment.

anyway, thanks KV for the exhange and help

New Poster

I too was put on hold by Level3 support. After 12 minutes I could here the line was picked up and hung up on me.

Buddy in IT, says it sound like they have a 'blacklist' of IP addresses and domains they block email from comming into their network. He referenced that it could also be a server that is used for routing email was identified as a place where a lot of bad email goes through, and good email becomes colateral damage.