Community Forum

Emails not being received by recipient, but show up in Sent Folder

Official Employee

Re: Emails not being received by recipient, but show up in Sent Folder

I reported this, and was told it had to do with the order of the headers.  I'm going to see if I can get a bit more information, as that is clearly not your doing.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Thanks, I look forward to your reply and to a positive solution to this ongoing problem,

Regular Visitor

I have this same problem.  I read through all of the posts but I didn't see how to fix.  DId I miss it?  At any rate, can someone tell me how to solve this?  Thank you.

Contributor

You haven't missed a fix, the ball is still in Comcast's Court. After the last update to my issues that I submitted, Comcast replied and actually agreed the problem was not on my end, they said it had something to do with Email "Headers" which they acknowledged are not a problem of my causing.

What I have been doing as a workaround is this:

1. Write my email in Comcast email. I do this beacuse all my recipients are in my Comcast Address Book.

2. I then save it as a Draft in my Draft Folder. I DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SEND IT FROM COMCAST.

3. I open my Outlook email which I have setup to access my Comcast account.

4. I now go into my Comcast Draft Folder using my Outlook client and then send my email.

I have done this several times without any problems, all recipents get my email.  While not as convenient as working strictly in Comcast, at least I am sure my emails go to those I want them to.

Since this has been an on and off problem with Comcast, I have some doubts it will ever get resolved.

Good Luck.

Official Employee

@billtag If you're still seeing this, please let me know.  Supposedly it has been cleaned up.  From the information I was given, the particular order of your headers (which sending from Outlook versus webmail coulc impact) matched a recent spam attack.  If this is still happening when sending from webmail, I will gather more data and escalate again. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Okay, I will try on my next group email in a day or so.

Contributor

Follow up - May 6

Okay, I sent out 2 Group emails, one on May 5 and one on May 6. It appears that they were sent successfully this time to all recipients. Since, as I previously explained, my group is split into 2 groups of recipients, yesterday and today's emails were a total of 4 sent emails.

This is encouraging, and I appreciate whatever Comcast did to solve this, it will take many more emails for me to feel confident that this on and off again problem has finally been 100% resolved. I will keep the group informed.

Contributor

Have sent out several more group emails and all went as they should. No problem with emails not getting sent.

Contributor

I can't find out how to create a new post to the forum on another subject. Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

Official Employee

At the top, click "Home", then find the category you want to post in.  You'll see some sub-categories as well.  Once you choose one, you'll see a blue button for "Ask a question"

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/bd-p/EWB

Contributor

Thanks, I should have known that but could not seem to find it before. Thanks for your help, I was able to post my new questions.

Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue as do others that I have worked with. I have emails that show up in Sent folder using Outlook that I BCC myself on . Most of those never show up in my Inbox. Th eone exception that did appear in my Inbox is a smaller text only email.

I get replies to some of my emails so obviously they are getting out but don't get my own copy (BCC) the majority of the time. 

FYI, the webmail app doesn't work at all for composing messages in Chrome. Firefox appeared to work but now it shows "Server unavailable"

"Unable to connect to mail server. Possible reasons: The mail server is (temporarily) down or there are network connection problems. Please try again in a few minutes."

New Poster

This has been occurring for me for at least two weeks. It took a while to find out because no one replied to my emails. Emails were sent using mac.com address. Emails sent to myself show up in junk folder. Emails sent using aol address seem to be getting through. 

Contributor

This kept happening to me as well until I had some back and forth dialog with someone from Comcast who responded to one of my postings on this matter. After looking at some things on their end, I was told that the problem was in the Email headers.  They acknowledged that this was a Comcast problem since I have no control over email headers. They investigated further and told me they thought the problem was resolved and for me to try again.

I did and have had no problems since and I have sent several since the fix (whatever they did) was applied. Of course, me telling you this is probably the kiss of death! All this occured at least a month ago.

Contributor

I meant to add, if you look at this thread from the top you will see what occurred with what I just described in my previous reply.

New Poster

Thanks, billtagg! I did read the whole thread, but saw that the solutions occurred only when a Comcast employee stepped in made some changes - somewhere. As you say, I don't have any control over what's in the headers. I'm hoping my post will be picked up and things can happen. 

If you know more about how to get this to happen, let me know!

Contributor

Hi marthawsv, I was very "unhappy" that this kept reoccurring and there seemed there was nothing I could do about it except to post to this forum and keep updating my issue. At some point, a Comcast person intervened apparently after seeing my post. This may be the only time I can remember getting such assistance from Comcast and I truly did appreciate it.

If you go back and look at my post of "05-03-2019 09:46 AM" you will see the workaround I used before Comcast fixed my problem. Obviously not the solution I wanted but it did work. To do this, I had to export my contact list from Comcast to Outlook and that was not convenient for the long term.

When you have a problem that is not of your causing and you have no control, or understanding, of what is really happening, it is impossible to fix it. I was very happy and surprised (to be honest) that Comcast not only fixed what was wrong but admitted that the problem was on their end.

I still worry each time I send a group email that the problem will reoccur. I am sending emails to me Community, a 55+ development of 160 homes. My emails are merely informative and contain noting that is controversial so there is no reason they should ever get flagged as S**M. Having said that, who knows the mysteries of the algorithms being used to check for email content.

If this was your first posting on this problem, I would keep updating it and hope Comcast steps in. Good luck.

Official Employee

@marthawsv I sent you a PM requesting more information about your situation.  If you look near the top of the page, you should see a notification for that PM.

Contributor

This is @billtagg so perhaps I should not be replying but I looked back through the entire thread and can't see any Comcast reply to @marthawsv. I see two posts from him, one from "‎06-24-2019 12:27 AM" and one from "06-25-2019 07:04 PM" but no reply. I thought I would see a reply in this thread if there was one but maybe I do not fully understand how this forum works.  Would the reply have been a personal reply only seen by @marthawsv?

As I mentioned earlier, I am very grateful for the help I received from Comcast for the problem.

Bill T.

New Poster

It took a while to find a screen with your PM. However, I found no way to reply to that message. And, when I tried to sign in, but there were too many redirects, so I could not sign in. 

The only time I use the comcast email address is in this forum. I use the mac.com and aol.com addresses for all my mail. Only the emails from mac.com go to the recipients' spam folder - even when I send a mac.com email from myself to my aol.com address, it goes into my spam folder. These are generally individual, not group, emails.

Let me know what other information is needed. 

Thanks for the quick response. 

Official Employee

It took a while to find a screen with your PM. However, I found no way to reply to that message. And, when I tried to sign in, but there were too many redirects, so I could not sign in. 

marthawsv, try clearing cache and cookies and then log back in again!

New Poster

The situation had already seemed to resolve itself! I did, however, then also try your suggestions of clearing the cache and the cookies.

At this time things seem to be working normally, so the whole thing is a mystery. Something got reset somehow. 

Thanks to everyone who responded when trying to help me. The best part was how quickly the responses came. I didn't feel abandoned and hopeless.

Regular Visitor

Earlier this week .. started receiving tons (1000's) of spam.. have been marking it all as spam .  has been getting better, but my e-mails are not being received and they are showing as sent.  Have spent hours on line and on-chat .. with no success.  Was supposed to get a call back from level 2 today.. NOTHING Smiley Sad    how do i help this.  it has been going on for about 3 days now

Official Employee

@tmsmith229 should be resolved in about 15 minutes

Regular Visitor

Thx so much .. you are amazing.  It has been HOURS of unsuccessful work with online/ phone reps.  Anything else that can be done about this spam? It is getting better .. started with about 1000 a day-- now down to less than 100 a day.

Regular Visitor

Amazing !!!!  You rock!  I have spend so many hours online and on the phone with tech support and you got it straight right away.  Anything else i can do about this Spam?  was getting over 1000  a day now down to less than 100.  

Official Employee

@tmsmith229 I'm going to send you a PM about what's we can see on our side.

New Poster

here's the problem...and there is NO solution.

this is something i have experienced twice now in the past year.  as another person has indicated if comcast thinks there is a problem with your email, they will just get rid of it with no communication to you or the recipient.

this occurs most often when you use a server/internet connection OTHER than comcast.  right now i am using the optimum server/internet connection (i am in new york and i live in florida) and i have had the problem since june 26. i have solved the problem by going to my sent folder, sending the disappeared emails to my gmail address then forwarding them to my puzzled recipients.  but this work-around really isn't a solution.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same probelm with my Comcast emails not being recieved by the recipients. It appears to have been going on for several days - hopefully no longer but I suspect so.

I just discovered that test emails sent to myself (no text, just a letter in the subject line) go to the spam folder. After marking them as "not spam" they seem to disappear, not go into my inbox as other emails marked "not spam" used to.

I am not able to do some of the work-arounds others have mentioned and don't see why I should. If Comcast is at fault in this somehow and I am paying Comcast for their services, I think they should fix it for me (for all of us) , no?

Very irritating!

Official Employee

Hello all,

@sbromley845 and @lylefeil - I'm happy to see what is going on with your emails if you send your first and last names in a private message. Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Contributor

This is happening to me. I did not know that none of my emails today,  7/9, did not get to the recipient. I called a person because the email was time sensitive. This is unacceptable! 

I might have to switch over to gmail, get it together Comcast,.

Sue Geisler

Official Employee

@sgeisler Apologies for this. It looks like some of your messages were reported as spam back to us, and this was the result.  This has now been cleared, and should be in production in about 10 minutes.

Frequent Visitor

I have the EXACTsame problem and comcast seems at a loss to explain and mine still does not work

Official Employee

suntandan, thanks for letting us know about your delivery issues affecting your email. In your particular case, is this only affecting a specific email address or is this happening with multiple email addresses to which you're corresponding? 

Ken

Frequent Visitor

It has finally resolved, but to address your question, this was happening to every email address I sent to, not one specific one but every address and person

Official Employee

OK gotcha. Appreciate you following up with me! Glad it was resolved. Please let me know if you need anything else! 

Ken

Regular Visitor

Having the same issue with the emails not being delivered on the recipient side, but it appears on our end the emails were successfully delivered: tads.com.

@ComcastAntiSpam 

Could you respond to this via a PM?

Frequent Visitor

contact  on this site, he fixed my problem.  it seems comcast had me marked as a spammer or something like that

Contributor

ComcastAntiSpam helped me and I think mine was similar. My IP address was being blocked by Comcast.

Expert

@suntandan wrote:

contact  on this site, he fixed my problem.  it seems comcast had me marked as a spammer or something like that

Please do not send @ComcastKenF an unrequested PM as that is against Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.

The PM policy can be found here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I just want to echo the last couple of replies, I had this same very annoying problem until ComcastAntiSpam intervened. Since he got involved, the problem has not re-occurred (SHHH!!).

He monitors this forum and will most likely see your issue soon.

Highlighted
Official Employee

I sent a DM to @eduk12 , but no response yet.

New Poster

Well, I'm also experiencing an email delivery issue.  One particular email with a small photo isn't delivered.  If I delete some text, it appears to be delivered.  Here is the text of the email that fails:

==================

Hi Rica,
Yes I got your voicemail and tried to call you back.  Since I don't do texting, only phone, voicemail and email, it may seem
hard to get in touch with me, but I'm actually home most of the time.

I've attached a photo of Winston.  He's a black and white shorthaired male kitten.

He's a real sweetie and very rambunctious right now!

Hopefully, we can talk on the phone and you can come meet him if you're still interested.

Do you work?  When would be a good time for me to make sure I'm home for your call?
Let's set a definite time when we can talk on the phone.

Thanks,
Marilynne

=====================

When the below lines are deleted, the email is delivered

==========================

I've attached a photo of Winston.  He's a black and white shorthaired male kitten.

He's a real sweetie and very rambunctious right now!

==========================

Is this some over-aggressive spam filtering?

Official Employee

I've escalated to have this resolved.  I can see how the filters would have marked this as spam, but obviously it's not the proper outcome.  

New Poster

I experienced the same issue, and disciovered that if attachments exceeded 25mb the email was sent to spam and not delivered to recipients, even though it was shown as "sent."

New Poster

not my experience at all.  one-sentence emails "sent" by me suffered this fate.  it doesn't have anything to do with email size.

Regular Visitor

I have seen that this is happening to a lot of people but have not yet seen a resolution...  Some of my emails are showing sent but not being delivered.  Anyone know?

New Poster

I have had the same experience as the other customers on this chain of complaints for months now intermittently.  The problem is, you never know which ones went out and which ones didn't.  Please send an explanation and solution.  If not addressed, I plan to return to Verizon for my Internet.  Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

I had the same problem and NONE of my sent mails ever reached any of the people I sent them to.  One of the comcastantispam people that monitor this site saw my complaint and messaged me and they took care of the problem.  Comcast thought I was a spammer for some reason and they were responsible for not sending my emails.

Official Employee

@adoxsugar @Rsquared2003200 Could you both click on my name, find the link to send me a PM?  I need to know a recent example of the email address you used to send, and one you sent to, and the approximate date.  Thanks.