Community Forum

Emails have disappeared.

Frequent Visitor

Emails have disappeared.

As of this morning (2/15/2019), all emails before 2:21am this morning are gone.  My folders are gone.  I have checked both on the web app and on my iphone (using the Outlook app).  I went from several thousand messages to 10.

What happened and how do I recover my messages?

Expert

Re: Emails have disappeared.

As a precaution, I would change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change your secret question and answer. Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a malware infection or a compromised account. Run a complete scan of your machine with your A/V software to see if it finds anything wrong. There are no editable deletion schedules in the new format.  You might also call Comcast security and have them look at your account------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

oh my god the same thing happened to me today, i'm just seeing.  i have no idea what to do. i had over 40,000 that i needed to go through and they are all GONE.

Regular Contributor

Comcast is having issues. They are updating servers but a large amount of email customers are experiencing problems. There are several posts on this forum about it. 

New Poster

What was the resolution to everyones problem?  Mine are gone as well!  Chat person tells me they can lower my bill, but wants to charge me another $99 installation fee.  Lost some old emails that I have saved since the Comcast error and never had any issues.

Expert

@justin8008 wrote:

What was the resolution to everyones problem?  Mine are gone as well!  Chat person tells me they can lower my bill, but wants to charge me another $99 installation fee.  Lost some old emails that I have saved since the Comcast error and never had any issues.

Try calling Comcast security and see if they can recover the missing messages-------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Sure.  Press 0 twenty times to get a person.  Verify your identity 6 times.  Repeat the problem over and over.  They tell you you changed your users settings.  Never use xfinity.com so I don't see how I changed my user settings.  Xfinity did somethign and lost more than one persons emails.  

Official Employee

justin8008, please send me a private message with your full name. I'll reach out to tech ops so they can work with you to recover what they can. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Numerous emails disappeared from my xfinity inbox around noon today.  I have changed no settings and did not have any auto delete settings turned on.  The emails did not go to trash or spam.  I spoke to an xfinity agent who said he was unaware of this problem. He had no solution.  It seems apparent that this is not an isolated issue.

@ComcastKenF wrote:

justin8008, please send me a private message with your full name. I'll reach out to tech ops so they can work with you to recover what they can. 

Frequent Visitor

Keep calling and tell them it had happenned to other people. Eventually you get someone who will know what to do. You will get a "restored" folder and a lot of e-mails would be there. In my case, there were still some that reappeared later in the regular inbox. I am still not sure they are all restored, but it is a significant amount and at this point I can't deal with Comcast anymore, so I am ok with it.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi Lakebill.  I can assist in getting an Advanced Repair ticket opened for you so our team can look into getting this fixed for you. Please send me a private message and include your full name so I can assist you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.