Community Forum

Emails gone

New Poster

Emails gone

For some reason all of my old saved emails prior to 12/20/18 are gone. How do I get them restored?
Contributor

Re: Emails gone

having the same darn problem.  Normally it wouldn't be a big deal BUT I actually have a need to get an older message an can't do it.  In the "old" days you had the option of deleting message after a certain period in tiem ot have them kept "forever" - yeah, right.  VERY disappointed in Xfinity anftr all thes years.

Expert

@lbeyercpa wrote:
For some reason all of my old saved emails prior to 12/20/18 are gone. How do I get them restored?

Are you sure they are not just "nested" in a subfolder?  If not, call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account.  Suddenly vanishing emails is a common sign of a compromised account or a malware infection.  Change your password to something stronger than whatever it is right now, and also change the security question and answer for the account.------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am having a similar problem.  Randomly today my password reset...I just reset my password, and now I can ONLY see emails from 2014 and older...missing everything for the last 4 years (frustrated)