Community Forum

Emails from Verizon Wireless bouncing back from comcast email account

Frequent Visitor

Emails from Verizon Wireless bouncing back from comcast email account

I use Verizon Wireless for my cell phone service.  After not receiving quite a few months of email notifications from Verizon I contacted them and was told they are getting bounce backs from my comcast email account and that I need to contact comcast to have them remove the block.  I have since started using my work email address to receive Verizon emails and so far no issues and haven't noticed any other emails not going through.  

I tried using chat and customer service number and it was like pulling teeth to get them to understand what my issue was and how they can help me.  Using chat they sent me to the attached site to fill out the information.  The person I spoke with themselves didn't know how to fill out the required information.  I'm okay at computers and internet but this stuff is over my head.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Emails from Verizon Wireless bouncing back from comcast email account

Have you asked Verizon to share with you the 'bounce back' email or error description from Comcast?  Maybe that will help Comcast identify why the emails are failing.  I have Verizon Wireless cell service and receive their emails without issue to my Comcast address.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Frequent Visitor

I was getting them fine as well up until about 6 months ago.  I also tried creating another comcast email account and after verizon tested the new email account it would not go through.  The customer service person I spoke with at verizon only could tell me that I needed to contact comcast to get it fixed on their side.   

Expert

@jespochav wrote:

I was getting them fine as well up until about 6 months ago.  I also tried creating another comcast email account and after verizon tested the new email account it would not go through.  The customer service person I spoke with at verizon only could tell me that I needed to contact comcast to get it fixed on their side.   

You didn't say, so I have to ask------are the messages going to your Spam folder?  If not, did you try disabling the Spam filter in your Settings?  If it's not that, then Comcast Security should be able to help with this situation as they deal with blocking issues-------------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I have my email set for no spam filtering and I have also looked through the spam folder.  

Official Employee

I see several messages to you from Verizon Wireless in the past few weeks, as lately as yesterday.  Are you saying you cannot see those messages in webmail or any other mail client you're using?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Didn't the OP state that VZW says the messages are 'bouncing back' from Comcast?  Wouldn't the Comcast servers have logs that might show why?  If they're 'bouncing back', that means to me they AREN'T being accepted by the server to be sent/placed in any folder, spam or other.

Joe V
Official Employee

My logs show we are accepting and delivering messages.  It's possible a different type of message is bouncing.  If so, I would need that information.  Companies routinely have different exit points/providiers for different types of messages.  Marketing may be different than support, and both different from billing and transactional.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Yesterday after an hour phone call with Verizon support they has stated that they believe they may have fixed the issue on their side.  I guess I wont know if it worked until I get my next bill email.

What was happening was when I hit test button on verizon's website last week to test that my email is okay to send notifications to I was receiving them, but then after about 5 minutes I would get a text message from verizon that they had issues sending emails to my comcast email.  

Official Employee

Well, that's interesting.  I can try to reach out to them to see if there's anything we can do to make it easier for them and avoid this type of confusion in the future.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the help.

New Poster

I am now having the same problem.  The letter I received from Verizon Wireless is dated Oct 4 and indicates that if it continues to happen, they will revert me to paper billing and the discount for paperless billing will be lost.

Please advise!

Expert

@rmgreer wrote:

I am now having the same problem.  The letter I received from Verizon Wireless is dated Oct 4 and indicates that if it continues to happen, they will revert me to paper billing and the discount for paperless billing will be lost.

Please advise!

Until you get this sorted out, I would suggest you give them some other email address you have from another provider like Gmail, Outlook.com, or some other.  At least you would get to keep your discount.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for your posts, I have the same problem with Comcast. My Verizon cell phone msgs to my comcast email are blocked by Comcast. A "direct" Verizon test msg from my Verizon cell to my Comcast email will go through, BUT "forwarded" Verizon text msgs by me to my Comcast email are blocked by Comcast! Also cc's to my Comcast email on my Verizon cell texts to multiple parties (including me) are blocked by my comcast email, i.e. my copy not recd. A thorough 90 min chat and tests with Verizon determined that the problem is on the Comcast side. After three (3!!!) lengthy chat sessions, including their giving the issue a case number and elevating it to their high tech team, I still have the same problem. The "best answer" seems to be that there is "no Comcast answer" to what appears to be a systemic Xfinity/Comcast problem and issue for its customers. Comcast chat Reps are very polite and make promises that are not fulfilled.

New Poster

Am I the only one who suspects this and similar problems of compatibility between one and another , where the email account and cell phone accounts are  with different carriers, is intentional ?  One carrier refusing to accept emails from an account or device with the other carrier.  We only pay these people hundreds of dollars a month - why should we expect they'd delivery seemless service ?   

Valued Contributor

You're probably not the only one but I'm not with you.  The process of text messages from a cellular network server getting to an internet email server via a gateway is probably vulnerable to many software pieces being in sync and updated on both sides.  There possibly is a software failure/fault somewhere causing the issue.

Joe V