Community Forum

Emails from Amazon going directly to Trash instead of inbox

New Poster

Emails from Amazon going directly to Trash instead of inbox

I searched and couldn't find this issue.  Two days ago I started having an issue where emails from Amazon are bypassing the the inbox and going directly to the Trash folder without being opened.  I am only accessing through Outlook on my lap top and I do not have any rules or spam filters applied.  Any thoughts?

Expert

Re: Emails from Amazon going directly to Trash instead of inbox

I have to ask-------did you check the webmail UI to see if you have a filter set up to send those messages to Trash?  Not Outlook-------the Comcast webmail interface.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thanks for the reply.  And no, I don't have any filters set up directly through the web interface.  And the email notifying me of your reply just happened to go straight to Trash as well.

Expert

In that case I can only suggest that you call Comcast security and ask them to look at the account.  There is nothing else in the account settings or in Outlook I know of that could explain such strange behavior-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am having the same issue. It started with Hilton and now many others including Amazon are going directly to trash. I thought it was Outlook but is my comcast account that is causing it. 

Expert

@CindyG2 wrote:

I am having the same issue. It started with Hilton and now many others including Amazon are going directly to trash. I thought it was Outlook but is my comcast account that is causing it. 

Did you check to see if you have a filter set up to redirect incoming emails from that sender to Trash?

New Poster

I did - there are no filters or rules. The email going to trash is more every day.

New Poster

Same thing is happening with my Amazon emails. No filters are set either.

New Poster

I am having the same exact problem, all of my emails from Amazon are going straight to trash. I can't seem to fix this.  

New Poster

I’m having this problem too

Regular Contributor

I have found Comcast spam detection to be very unreliable.  I have to log onto my account every couple days to move legitimate emails from the spam folder to the inbox.  I will often have more legitimate emails than actual spam in the spam folder.  And some comes from senders that have previously gone to the inbox. 

The Outlook 2013 filtering is just about worthless, IMO.  It lets almost everything through, even after I set up filters.  I've just resigned myself to living with the situation.