Community Forum

Email

New Poster

Email

While I no longer have Comcast I have continued to use xfinty for my email. Right now I getting an error message and my email won’t open
Expert

Re: Email

Exactly what does the error message say?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I too am a former Comcast customer who keeps an Xfinity email account, and for the past week my emails are not sending, although it says email sent and they appear in my sent box, the intended recipient is not getting the email, including my other Xfinity email address which I copy, to check if my emails are sending.  What should I do?  Xfinity phone support will not help as I am no longer a Comcast customer.

Expert

@fred239 wrote:

I too am a former Comcast customer who keeps an Xfinity email account, and for the past week my emails are not sending, although it says email sent and they appear in my sent box, the intended recipient is not getting the email, including my other Xfinity email address which I copy, to check if my emails are sending.  What should I do?  Xfinity phone support will not help as I am no longer a Comcast customer

Do you have another non-Comcast address like Yahoo or Gmail or something?  If you send a test email to it does it go through OK?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have tried test emailing a gmail acccount as well, and although the test email says "sent", it does not arrive.  Several months ago when I moved I closed my comcast account, with the understanding that comcast would continue to support my email.  Has comcast changed their policy?

Expert

@fred239 wrote:

I have tried test emailing a gmail acccount as well, and although the test email says "sent", it does not arrive.  Several months ago when I moved I closed my comcast account, with the understanding that comcast would continue to support my email.  Has comcast changed their policy?

The policy has not changed.  You can see the details here-------------------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/using-email-only
See also---------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-activity

New Poster

On my laptop it just says something has gone wrong and it can't load my email  on my I Pad it will say it can't find comcast.  Then I will try the next day and it will work but then later in the day is won't

Official Employee Digital Care

Hi @monigold, have you tried accessing your mail on another device? Do you get this error using a third party email client like MAC mail or Outlook? Have you tried accessing your mail directly from the website? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Hello Comcast_Support-  Please help me understand why my emails are not sending.  Thx