Community Forum

Email

New Poster

Email

I have changed my email to xfinity connect. When I tried to sent a docoment and hit email, it goes to old windows live mail which I don't use anytmore. This makes it impossible to send any docoments or pictures through xfinity connect??? Help

Regular Contributor

Re: Email

It sounds like you somehow have your default email client set to the Windows Live Mail from before.  What device/operating system are you using? What application are you in when trying to send the document via email? That application might have a setting for default email.  There may be a system setting you can change.  Windows 10 has this in Settings:

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
DefaultEmail.jpg
Expert

Re: Email

@Sander67 wrote:

I have changed my email to xfinity connect. When I tried to sent a docoment and hit email, it goes to old windows live mail which I don't use anytmore. This makes it impossible to send any documents or pictures through xfinity connect??? Help

You have WLM set as your default email handler.  If you no longer use WLM, consider removing it from your system through Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall or change a program.  You will need to look for Windows Essentials 2012 [or earlier if it wasn't upgraded].

If you're in Appsuite [connect.xfinity.com/appsuite] when you open a Compose window there should be a notice at the top about setting connect.xfinity.com as the default mailto: handler.  Clicking that should also help.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.