Community Forum

Email timeout

Contributor

Email timeout

The email portal from myxfinity keeps timing out. This is happening every few days. I've cleared my cache, tried other browsers, called customer support, used customer chat and filled out the survey forms numerous times describing the problem.

Please get this fixed. I know I'm not the only customer with this problem. It has been going on for months. Don't tell me it is because you are rolling out a new email platform. Just fix it.

OK, now that I've ranted, is there anything I am doing wrong that is causing this problem?

Regular Contributor

Re: Email timeout

Me too!  Getting an answer saying my area is getting upgrade.  What a bunch of -----

I live in Calif.  Where are you?

Contributor

I'm in the Portland metro area.

I need to hang my head a little bit. I found (at least today) I can get to the email portal using IE and Chrome browsers. I usually use Firefox and that is not letting me in.

However, in the past none of the browsers have worked. Wouldn't you know, the day I rant, Firefox seems to be the culprit.

New Poster

I have had the same problem all week. Getting annoying.

New Poster

I use Chrome and it is still timing out. Won't load.

New Poster

I'm in Colorado, also use Chrome, and the same e-mail "time out" thing has been happening to me off and on for several days now.  Last time it happened (except NOW) I saw a forum post that said the person had managed a connection via Explorer.  So is it the new nifty, dandy email system or has Xfinity/Comcast signed some sort of below the table agreement with Microsoft?  It IS becoming VERY irritating!  And I do a system clean EVERY DAY so it isn't a cache problem!

Contributor

OK, don't know what happened, but now everything is working again. I can get to the email portal via Firefox now.