Community Forum

Email suddenly slow

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email suddenly slow

@robinstravel wrote:

Why has my comcast email been running soooo slow the past few days.  I do not use Comcast Internet Service but I do pay to keep my Comcast Account which keeps saying "server busy".  I have access to my Comcast Email it just takes forever for the screens to load going from email to email.  Suggestions?  TY

Have you cleared your cache?  Is this the only website where you are having trouble with loading being slow?

If using the FULL version of XfinityConnect,try switching to the LITE version.

To do:  Open XfinityConnect, click on Preferences>General.  When the window opens, check the box for the Lite version.  Close & re-open XC, and you should be in Lite.

Did that help you?

New Poster

I did not know m.comcast.net existed but it works great. No frivilous ads and garbage on the screen, just emails.

Thank you for the suggestion. I believe I will continue to use this option. Too bad Comcast cannot speed up the pages that run slow. I think their servers cannot handle the amount of graphics being loaded, so the loading (page, email or whatever) slows to a crawl.

Regular Visitor

Yes, I do constantly clear my cookies, etc.  Yes, Comcast was the only website running slow.  It is much better this week.....have no idea why but last week I would have to get up and leave my desk to wait for an email to load.  Was driving me crazy. 

New Poster

I'll add myself to the chorus of people with this problem.  Slow to load email, even though I'm only at 9% of capacity, in the Xfinity webmail on different computers and in different browsers.  I've been too lazy to switch over to Gmail, but will probably do so soon.

Frequent Visitor

I am having trouble with email as well.  This started a few months ago.  We have two machines we use and both are slow.  This is with email only.  I get a pop-up that says the email servers may be slow or a network error occurred.  This is so crappy.  Comcast used to have top rate email servers, even with all the junky ads.  I am not going into detail about what software we are using and all the rest.  The problem is on comcast's side not the client side.

Frequent Visitor

I shudder to think of all the wasted minutes added up over the year waiting to open important email. 

New Poster

Just ran across this. Email slow for a month. Comcast support to no avail. My brother noted that a ping of xfinity.comcast.net ended up with a response from an IP version 6 address, which was in excess of 2 seconds, and some timed out.  Solution was to open up a cmd window (administrative) and issue ipconfig /flushdns to clear the dns cache.  This was on Windows 7.

Frequent Visitor

My email has been VERY slow for a long time.. I just got frustrated today, as I don't have time to sit around waiting for it to load up, delete or move. 

Will someone at Comcast please magically fix my issue like you have for others in this forum please? 

Thanks

New Poster

Comcast kept telling me it wasn't their problem.  My computer guru brother (alas, in another state) believes it is a nation-wide Comcast problem and may even extend beyond Comcast to other providers.  He wonders if Cisco's routers are unable to handle all the traffic.  Anyway, Comcast techs seemed unable to help.  Many phone calls to no avail.  When they sent me a new modem (I didn't know I needed a new modem), one that is wifi capable, and hooked it up, the problem than wasn't theirs magically went away.  (I also took my computer off the ethernet cable and made it wireless; don't know if that had anything to do with it, but I doubt it.)

Frequent Visitor

Windows XP, Internet Explorer. - Since the new E-mail software was released it is incredibly slow. Even when you select a name To: it takes 15 seconds or gives you a message, can't send without a name while your trying to get a name! When you select an E-mail the address box for that person pops up and hides part of the E-mail so you can't read it! 

Called Comcast and all they could do was recommend trying FireFox.

Web  works fine. Can't even type this reply, huge delay between letters typed.

Enough to want to drop Comcast! 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I called also. There is no full version versus Lite anymore. Those programs have been replaced with this new super slow E-mail software. I also have Blast for Extra speed which is extremely slow now on E-mail!