Community Forum

Email still getting past filter

Highlighted
Contributor

Email still getting past filter

I have a "Wildcard" filter set up to block email from a specific domain but it is still getting to my inbox via Microsoft Outlook. The filter is setup on Xfinity Webmail side but I retrieve my email via Outlook. Email is still sneaking past the filter. I have attached a screen shot of the filter.

filter.JPG

Capture.JPG
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Email still getting past filter

@firemandude wrote:

I have a "Wildcard" filter set up to block email from a specific domain but it is still getting to my inbox via Microsoft Outlook. The filter is setup on Xfinity Webmail side but I retrieve my email via Outlook. Email is still sneaking past the filter. I have attached a screen shot of the filter.

filter.JPG

Have you set up the filter in Outlook as well?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

@firemandude wrote: ... I have attached a screen shot of the filter.

The image you posted isn't visible. It looks like this:

undefined

This is probably because the image requires moderator approval. That could take a while. You could upload the image to a file sharing site and post a link to it here, or post text instead.

Highlighted
Contributor

Outlook will not let you use a "Wildcard". You have to use the exact originating address. The problem is these clowns use any combination of name@theemptypockets.com   I have counted so far 30 different combiantions and they send me at least 12 emails per day.  I consider it just plain harrasment.

Highlighted
Expert

@firemandude wrote:

Outlook will not let you use a "Wildcard". You have to use the exact originating address. The problem is these clowns use any combination of name@theemptypockets.com   I have counted so far 30 different combiantions and they send me at least 12 emails per day.  I consider it just plain harrasment.

There are other ways to set up a filter in Outlook; you don't need to use an email address.  You can use a Subject or [a] keyword[s], which is Contains.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!