Community Forum

Email shows as being sent but not being received by recipients

brianwolski
New Poster

Email shows as being sent but not being received by recipients

Hello,

Emails that I send through my comcast.net account directly through the website are not being received.  I am see a message that the email has been sent but I have been testing this with another comcast.net user copying him on all my emails and he is not receiving the emails either.  I need this to be resolved and have seen others on this forum with the same issue.

yarntrails
Contributor

Re: Email shows as being sent but not being received by recipients

There is another thread going on this, check there for info, you may also have a spam block on your IP.  Seems to be happening to a lot of people.

If you want to test, try logging into connect.xfinity.com from a different network (VPN in to work, use your phone with wifi disabled, etc) and see if it works.  If it does, you're having the same problem as others.

The symptoms for me were:

Cannot send or reply to emails from outside of comcast.net from your PC client (outlook, etc).

Can reply but not send a new message to external addresses using webmail (connect.xfinity.com)

In some cases you can send/reply to comcast addresses but it is hit or miss.  Some addresses work, others don't.  From both PC and webmail same thing.

brianwolski
New Poster

Thanks for the reply...

I have tried sending emails from multiple networks and from different sources (phone/laptop) with the same issues.  I did see one response from @ComcastCSAEmail that seemed to work for another member.  I m fairly new to Comcast, but a friend of mine has been using Comcast email for a number of years without having any issues. 

I just tested an email with my VPN turned off and it did go through to an sbcglobal.net account!  I will try a few more with the VPN off to see if that resolves the issue, though I do not think that is a great solution (not being able to use a VPN).

claretone
New Poster

I've been having the same issue and did send an email to:

@ComcastCSAEmail 

miraculously a day later my emails now seem to be going through. So I'd say that's worth a try for sure.

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

@brianwolski please try to send a few emails and see if it works. There was a filtration based on IP and due to yours originating from the same VPN as a large amount of phishing emails being sent - you were also being filtered out. This should be resolved now.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
brianwolski
New Poster

Thanks - this looks to have fixed the issue...

claretone
New Poster

Great, yes, this seems to have fixed it. There seem to be a lot of posts in the forum from people also experiencing the bogus 'xfinity confirmation' email  going around. Is this the 'phishing' issue you are referring to? I ask because I also got a bazillion of those emails and just deleted them every day then eventually ran into the problem with being filtered. It would be great if comcast could be more proactive and let users know  what to do should they come across that specific scam which looks very authentically from xfinity. Why is comcast so passive?