Community Forum

Email sending twice

Highlighted
New Poster

Email sending twice

Every email i send to someone else that i also cc to myself from my laptop or phone is sending out 2x. It appears as 1message in the sent mail, but comes into the inbox as 2messages exact duplicates including date and time stamp. This started 3days ago on thursday june 13. Any ideas??
Expert

Re: Email sending twice

Are you using only the webmail interface and your browser to send, or are you using a desktop client on the laptop, or a mail app on the phone?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I am using the xfinity web site for email on the laptop, and the samsung email app on the galaxy phone
Expert

@ctorry3 wrote:
I am using the xfinity web site for email on the laptop, and the samsung email app on the galaxy phone

Disable the account on the phone.  Does the same thing happen when you try to send from the laptop?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes laptop too via the web site xfinity email feature
Expert

@ctorry3 wrote:
Yes laptop too via the web site xfinity email feature

Did you disable the account on the phone?

Official Employee

@ctorry3, We never heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to reach back out if you still need assistance with this email concern. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thanks and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.