Community Forum

Email saving and sending issues

Frequent Visitor

Email saving and sending issues

I sent an email this morning and got a message, "The email was sent, however a copy could not be placed in your sent folder". There are two versions of the email in my draft folder and I can't delete either of them. Every time I try to delete them, they reappear. Is something going on?

Frequent Visitor

Re: Email saving and sending issues

If it makes you feel any better, today I don't receive the email messages I copy myself on.

This has never happened before. Why, Comcast, WHY?

Expert

@furpurrson wrote:

I sent an email this morning and got a message, "The email was sent, however a copy could not be placed in your sent folder". There are two versions of the email in my draft folder and I can't delete either of them. Every time I try to delete them, they reappear. Is something going on?

How are you trying to delete them?

Have you tried clearing your cache to see if that takes care of the problem?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I am in the DC metro area and had about the same problem.  Email could not be deleted from either of my 2 Comcast accounts.  It appears that Comcast was having email server difficulties from about 10:30 AM unto about 12 noon on May 15, 2019.  My other email accounts which are hosted by other providers (but using the same email reader) were not having any problems.  It is now 2:30 PM and email seems to be functioning normally now.

Official Employee

We appreciate everyone visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums!

Thanks for reporting normal email functionality stevew443. 

furpurrson and Ms_Tessie, are you still experiencing this issue with your Comcast email? I can assist with further troubleshooting if needed. I am happy to assist in any way that I can. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks, the problem seems to have correct itself.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Thanks for confirming, furpurrson! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Email servers down (not responding)

Several days ago I started noticing I was getting random prompts from my email client (Outlook) to enter logon credentials -- which should never happen since these credentials are cached in Outlook's settings. This only happens when attempted connections to the POP or SMTP servers have failed.  For the first day or so, the connections eventually succeeded, but sending/receiving processes were extremely slow.

Two days ago, my email stopped working completely -- send/receive fails.

Error logs show: "

Task '*****@comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Attempts to ping the servers also fail:

C:\Windows\system32>ping mail.comcast.net

Pinging imap.ge.xfinity.com [2001:558:fc18:2:f816:3eff:fe66:39c4] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out...

Ping statistics for 2001:558:fc18:2:f816:3eff:fe66:39c4:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:\Windows\system32>ping pop.comcast.net

Pinging imap.ge.xfinity.com [2001:558:fc18:0:f816:3eff:fe3f:76f2] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out...

Ping statistics for 2001:558:fc18:0:f816:3eff:fe3f:76f2:

C:\Windows\system32>ping smtp.comcast.net

Pinging smtp.g.comcast.net [2001:558:fe16:1b::16] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out...

Ping statistics for 2001:558:fe16:1b::16:

On the other hand, other web traffic seems to be normal.

C:\Windows\system32>ping comcast.net
Pinging comcast.net [69.252.80.75] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 69.252.80.75: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=53
Reply from 69.252.80.75: bytes=32 time=47ms TTL=53
Reply from 69.252.80.75: bytes=32 time=46ms TTL=53
Reply from 69.252.80.75: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=53
Ping statistics for 69.252.80.75:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 46ms, Maximum = 55ms, Average = 48ms

-----------------------------------------

This is unacceptable.

Official Employee

Re: Email servers down (not responding)

Hello @jsparler, thanks for reaching out to our Forums! I'm sorry to hear that your email has completely stopped working and I would be more than happy to further look into this on my end. Can you please send me a private message including the full name as it appears on the account and your full name if different?

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message".

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email servers down (not responding)

@jsparler wrote: ... Attempts to ping the servers also fail:

C:\Windows\system32>ping mail.comcast.net ...

C:\Windows\system32>ping pop.comcast.net ...

C:\Windows\system32>ping smtp.comcast.net ...

The mail servers often ignore ping and trace packets. You can use telnet to test your connection to them.

To check the IMAP server use:

telnet imap.comcast.net 143

I get:

* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE IDLE STARTTLS LOGINDISABLED] Dovecot ready.

(Type "a logout" to exit.)

To check the POP server use:

telnet mail.comcast.net 110

I get:

+OK Dovecot ready.

(Type "quit" to exit.)

To check the SMTP server use:

telnet smtp.comcast.net 587

I get:

220 resomta-ch2-02v.sys.comcast.net resomta-ch2-02v.sys.comcast.net ESMTP server ready

(Type "quit" to exit.)

Official Employee

Hello all, we either never received a private message from you, heard back from you on here, or this issue resolved itself on your end, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a private message if you still need assistance with this sending emails issue. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you all being the best part of Comcast.