Community Forum

Email quota reached and no more emails being delivered

New Poster

Email quota reached and no more emails being delivered

I received messages from Xfinity saying my email quota had reached 95% and then a few days later, 100%. I have deleted a few thousand emails but no new emails are coming in any more. Is there a way to add email capacity? I need to retain most of my old emails for a number of years due to the business I am in.

I have about 40,000 emails total. How do I retain the old ones without losing them, and why am I not able to get new emails even though I deleted several thousand old emails? I have also tried archiving them but that is not allowing new emails to come in. It is very frustrating because I use the email address for business and my clients are unable to reach me. 

Expert

Re: Email quota reached and no more emails being delivered

First, if you are running a business you need to get a business class account.  They are capable of more storage capacity.  As for why you can't get any incoming messages------------did you try sending yourself a test email from some other non-Comcast account you have like Yahoo or something?  Does it go through OK?  In the meantime, call Comcast security and see if they can tell why this is happening---------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

New Poster

Re: Email quota reached and no more emails being delivered

Yes, I did try that. They are not coming through. For the time being, I am having all my Comcast messages auto-forwarded to a GMAIL address and that is the only way I can get them.