Community Forum

Email problems 02/15/2018

New Poster

Re: Comcast Email Down

I can't even send emails to myself from a gmail account. The emails I do have I can't open. The only way Comcast can survive is because of their wide spread monopoly of the industry. Standard Oil and AT&T were broken up for exactly the same reasons. Classic crappy company. There has to be a better way.

Contributor

OK - EDITED - only 1 email account is working - other one is still getting Error trying to log into email...and still cannot receive on Live Mail...argh

Frequent Visitor

it is down all over the US

is it not obvious that these morons cannot properly operate an essential service?

New Poster

Re: Email problems 02/15/2018

I started getting e-mails again at 9:50pm mdt. I have nothing from 3pm to that time. I'm missing an absolutely critical e-mail. All I got on chat is they are still working on it. No guarantee that my missing emails are coming back.

New Poster

The most important email is back but I'm still missing a reciept from Fandango

Frequent Visitor

Down most of the afternoon/evening for this customer in Virginia. Other email services working fine. Ironically was prompted to fill out a customer servey form on-line after trying to get help on the problem, and after bothering to do it, checking off simple radio button responses, there was an error in the final submission.

"The survey could not be submitted"

New Poster

Started working again around 11:00pm last night, but went down again around 8:30 this morning in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Official Employee

Re: Comcast Email

There are some residual problems from last night's problem. Several customers might still be experiencing issues with emails taking longer to load, emails that show a header but no body and the search function might not be pulling results for those who are still affected. We are aware of the issues and the problems are currently being worked on. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

I discover since the format change I am not receiving e-mails with attachments. they are not in  spam and no message is sent. I would appreciate some information on how this problem may be remedied. Yes I have confirmed the problem with e-mails  from family and businesses I am attempting to deal with.

Regular Visitor

I have had Comcast email for several years.  Last night at 12:27 am CST I received an email from XFINITY connect that says, 'Welcome to XFINITY Connect email.  Let's get started.'  All my emails and folders previous to that email are gone!  It's like they deleted my account and started over.  Where are my emails!  India support is just reading off a script and is not helping me.  This is unacceptable.

New Poster

I am able to receive regular text messages, but still not able to receive messages with attachments.  Anyone else still seeing this?  Comcast - any new updates from you on this issue??

Admin1

Hello All -- We had a national issue with our email platform on Thursday that caused users to be unable to access the email platform. That issue has been resolved however you may still experience intermittent latency and timeouts when accessing new messages in the inbox. Customers may also experience delays when receiving new messages. We appreciate your patience while we work to resolve all of these issues. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

So how come comcast hasn't fixed the POP3 to IMAP problem when using office 2007?

Called 3 times, yes we have a fix that, nothing works. 

Server goes down, switch for POP 3 to IMAP is made, 2007 wont receive email, I have to purchase new office suite. 

Way to go Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I lost a valuable client due to this email migration.  I did not receive any prior notice of the migration taking effect.  Lame "after the fact apology" from comcast - unacceptable.

I can no longer trust comcast for email.

New Poster

I’ve had problems with my comcast email since Monday 2/19/2018. This has been a NIGHTMARE. After multi calls, resetting incoming and outgoing email setting, deleting and reinstalling my email (which by the way reloaded over 10,000 emails from 2 years ago 😡🤬) still hasn’t resolved the issues. This is NOT acceptable.
New Poster

yes---still - it's always been an intermittent problem. Why cant they fix this?

New Poster

It has now been two weeks without an answer from Comcast regarding the email.  I have asked my IT people and the ysay this is a widespread problem and they are hearing from a lot of their clients.  I can't get mail  or send mail except by routing through another site.  very frustrating to not have this resolved, have no real answers and no expected timeframe for a remedy.

T,

New Poster

I’ve been having problems for a couple of weeks. Email fails to download completely, wont allow me to forward email or send new drafts. What is going on. Message I receive tells me address is incorrect. How is that possible when nothing has changed from two weeks ago. Really frustrated!

New Poster

I’m having same problems!

New Poster

Re: Email problems 02/15/2018...AND Let's try 3/7/2018

My Comcast email keeps "bricking-up."  I've goten with customer service several times on this since February.  I actually feel sorry for them - as they go through the "clear the cache" etc. drill.  This started happening in February & continues. I use email for business & medical communication & find this unacceptable - majorly so.  Comcast is my ISP & used only for internet - not phones, TV, etc.  It costs rather a lot.  It is not performing well.  At present, I have two plans: 1) suggest Comcast apply a retroactive discount for services due to time & inconvenience their problems have caused me over the past several months, 2) switch to Sonic optical fiber network when they become available in my location later this year.   

New Poster

Yes! Thought it was my phone. Frustrated with Comcast!
Regular Visitor

Happening today???

Xfinity connect will not work with apple devices for 2 months.  Called and called comcast.  Not fixted at all.

Is there any other alternative that works?  What a joke.

Frequent Visitor

I can't access my email at all. I just get a page that says "http error" over and over again.

New Poster

This is the third full day that I cannot open my email account.. It appears to be a pursuit in total frustration trying to find out what / when the problem will be resolved by contacting Comcast 800 support.

Does anybody out there have any idea what is going on?

Regular Visitor

This has been going on for 6 months at least with iOS devices.  Comcast could care less.

New Poster

My Mac mail is does not seem to be connecting to comcast.net. I can get the mail on xfinity, but not from Mail on my computer. Xfinity said that it is an Apple problem. Can anyone help me?

Frequent Visitor

Comcast email is a joke,  it is basically forced down my throat by no other alternatives.

Expert

@JR7243 wrote:

Comcast email is a joke,  it is basically forced down my throat by no other alternatives.

You can always use an email client.  I rarely use webmail.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Email problems 08/02/18

Is anyone having problems with sent mail? My sent mail is not being refreshed on my iPhone.
New Poster

I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO FORWARD OR REPLY TO AN EMAIL FOR ACOUPLE OF WEEKS. THE MESSAGE I GET IS:SERVER RESPONDED WITH AN ERROR. CHECK YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD AND TRY AGAIN.  IHAVE SIGNED WITH THESE ON XFINITY.COM NUMEROUS TIMES,SO THESE TWO ITEMS ARE NOT THE PROBLEM.   ANY IDEAS?

New Poster

Biggest problem I am having is not necessarily sending and receiving, but being able to view point has been sent. In addition, seeing messages in my folders. Some of them are showing up when I transfer them from inbox to a file/folder and others are not showing up. It seems like there are a lot of problems with Xfinity overall. I have not been happy with them Verizon is not much better, so I’m at a standstill.
Regular Visitor

My emails won’t send on Comcast but I do receive them. I’ve used Comcast emails for years and suddenly I can’t send emails.
Frequent Visitor

Let me be more clear then. I get an email account due my ISP via Comcast which at the time of my original post removed the economy tier service and consequently has doubled my monthly fee.  I use to have a DSL account thru Bell South several years ago but since AT&T has taken over from my what I can tell does no longer offers DSL service. I do not think that most know what DSL is anymore or even it exists due to the advances of fiber optic cable.  But I may have to abandon my Comcast email account due to the amount of spam and Phishing emails I get these days. I cannot tell if their spam filters work or not  Their filters may work or just cannot keep up with the sheer volume. Last July I received several hundred in a 3 day span. I use the filter rules for the email that gets thru and now only receive around 2-3 a day.  I have an local email client and used that exclusively but now use the web mail to filter out all of the garbage before it gets downloaded to my machine.

New Poster

It looks like I’m not the only one unhappy with Xfinity Connect/email, Comcast’s email system etc. Non stop problems with them and they do absolutely nothing to fix it or help their customers. Trying to figure out who is worse...Comcast/Xfinity or Verizon
New Poster

I have not been able to receive an email since 11:30 AM. It keeps saying server error can’t process your request. I’m getting frustrated as this is my main email address everything important is sent to. When will this issue be fixed? 

Frequent Visitor

I got a brand new modem last week, and now I haven't been able to access my email since very early this morning. I did all the standard stiff (restarting, ran virus scan, etc.) and it is not a problem on my end. When I checked my status, it said that there were no problems on Comcast's end; considering the number of messages here, that is obviously not true. I am 40th in line to chat with a customer representative, and I've noticed that there is a conspicuous lack of Comcast employees on this thread; normally, they are very quick to reply. All I can suggest is that we all begin keeping a log of these issues & how many hours of internet, phone, tv and email services are lost.