Community Forum

Email problems 02/15/2018

New Poster

Re: Email problems 02/15/2018

Email down in Calif.   Bunch of doo doo

Expert
Moved:

Re: Comcast Email Down

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New Poster

Down in Colorado since about 5pm Mtn time. Slow before that.

New Poster

Email is down in Portland, OR. Has been down since about 130pm PST. Second time this week - thinking about leaving Comcast.

New Poster

Comcast Email is down in Springfield, GA since approx. 7:30 PM this evening. Makes one wonder "what" their problem is??
New Poster

I've got 2 computers with different email addresses.  One is Windows Live Mail and the other is Microsoft Outlook.  No luch on either since I tried beginning around 7 tonight.

New Poster

Nashville Tn too !!!!

New Poster

out in DC

New Poster

out in seattle. has been since 12:36 pm

New Poster

Thank you for trying to do something to help us all, it's more than Comcast ever does! Unfortunately where I live Comcast is my only option. I will be gone as soon as Verizon or another Company can provide services to my area!
Tags (1)
New Poster

The new email to me is a pain in the butt and never had any issues till now.

New Poster

They're going to blame it on the Russians!

New Poster

using their chat service was a bit better, though marginally. Gurpreet told me that this is a local email problem, their engineers are working on it, but no cause of the problem was given and no ETA is known. Stating that the problem is local was misleading at best: the repots I've seen so far are from Michigan, Chicago, Washington, Florida, Baltimore, Indiana. 

He had the audacity to push a service offer on me though: 

9:34 PM Gurpreet : You are paying $74.95/ month for only Internet services.
9:35 PM Gurpreet : We have promotional offer for you in which you will get 100 mbps Internet speed, 140+ Cable channels and unlimited talk and text phone services in just $99.99/ month for first 12 month.

Expert

https://twitter.com/comcastcares/status/964282464469336064

email down.JPG

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Out here in MD since about 4:43pm - I've received nothing - had a few people send me some and nothing...

and now can't even log into webmail - getting errors-

1st was on pc - Service not avail right now.. try again.

than getting error on phone saying I'm not signed in...

Win live mail asking for log in info....

now trying to log in on pc and getting:Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Guess Gmail is the way to go - what a royal pain in the butt - esp for what we all spend per month!

Regular Visitor

Yep - down here in Southern NJ (just outside of good old Comcast HQ across the bridge in Philly) since at least 4:30pm...possibly earlier...this is totally unacceptable - who is starting the class action suit?!!
New Poster

Add Calif to the list, email has been down since early afternoon.

Regular Visitor

POP3 (Outlook, etc.) and online email services (http://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/) still down.  Has been at least 4 hours now.  Tried from FOUR separate computers plus a phone, it's not a computer issue - it's DEFINITELY a Comcast issue. 

Ever since the "upgraded e-mail" there's been nothing but slow servers and down time, frequently.  It's getting to be more than an annoyance; in fact, it's now a serious problem.

New Poster

That's sounds like a great deal.....a lot more of nothing faster!!

Contributor

Well it’s past 10:00pm as it’s 10:57pm EST and it’s still down
New Poster

No email for several hours here in NewYork.
Frequent Visitor

Out for hours in Boston, Ma area as well. Wonderful. 

New Poster

Richmond Va is down too

Frequent Visitor

I'm in metro Atlanta, and it's been down since at least 5 p.m. EST. Called customer service, and the rep was very straightforward, acknowledging a server problem, saying they had a team working on it, and that they expected it to be 10 to 12 HOURS till it's fixed! So that's like 8 to 10 a.m. Friday EST. 😝
Contributor

Can't they admit there's an 'outtage'???

Seems A LOT of us are having issues - I've been Tweeting them - no replies - no surprise....but you'd think they could send out a Tweet/FB Message....something saying they know they are having issues...

soo recommendations --- Gmail or Yahoo??

New Poster

No email since 4:18   Can't even save a draft

New Poster

No emails since 6:59, but similar problems for days. Also with TV.
Frequent Visitor

And literally the minute I posted that, it came back on! Hope it stays up. Time for bed anyway, will check again tomorrow. Good luck to all. And I'm with everybody on getting a refund on my bill!
New Poster

Re: Can't they admit there's an 'outtage'???

Coincidence or not? I started posting complaints & provided feedback & now my email is working again....hmmm. But will they credit all of our bills for our inconvenience...doubt it!
Tags (1)
Regular Visitor

Gmail is your best bet for personal use.  Very reliable, though realize they do collect data from your e-mails.  Yahoo, too insecure, been hacked several times.

If you're a business, get your own server (shared, VPS or dedicated).  Shared servers can be got for as little as $5/month and more for VPS and dedicated.  Usually 99.9% uptime (or more).  These options do require some IT knowledge however; not for a beginner.

New Poster

Still down on East Coast at 11:12 pm

New Poster

I can send but not receive Lancaster pa

Regular Visitor

Down in Little Rock.....problems started the 8th of Feb.  Someone should lose their job over this.

New Poster

Well it happened again.  I tried to answer a chat and comcast shuts me down.  Apparently they have monitors that don't like the truth.  Go to billing chat and demand a refund for the days you missed.  They will say there is no outage in your area, but insist and don't accept no for an answer.

New Poster

My email service has been unavailable since sometime after 4:17 PM ET.  The worst thing is the wasted time trying to diagnose it locally, since xfinity didn't show there was a problem until recently.

Maybe gmail is the best answer if comcast can't do the job?

New Poster

Email server not working - Have not received an email since 4pm

@Sibby167 wrote:
Anybody else having email problems today?

Frequent Visitor

Out in Massachusetts

Regular Visitor

11:32PM Washington DC area. Seems to be working now...

New Poster

Arrrgh from Oregon. Email still doesn’t work.
Regular Visitor

More specifically, IMAP appears to be working. Web access to email is not. Suspect we still have a ways to go.

New Poster

Having too much problem with Comcast e-mail. Poor response time, frequent outage, poor service. I am stuck as everyone has this e-mail address and switching is tough.

New Poster

By pretending that there is no problem, they think the problem will go away.

New Poster

I was waiting for an email and wasn’t getting it. They even sent an email 4 to 6 times. Come to find out it was a problem with XFINITY not PlayStation. That’s really aggravating because if I had known that the email was down I would’ve had the password sent to different email instead like my gmail.
New Poster

Down in Northwest Indiana 

New Poster

E-mail down in Pittsburgh, PA since at least 4:30 PM EST.  Had many time-sensitive emails to read/send before tomorrow.  Very frustrating for what we pay a month.

New Poster

Down in Michigan
Frequent Visitor

Yes, I am having a problem opening my email.  Just discovered this at 11:30 p.m. EST.  Glad to hear someone has contacted Comcast and the problem is being worked on.

New Poster

Down in Boston area for the last 7 hours.

New Poster

Email down since 5:30. Don't they get things can be time sensitive and important.
Contributor

Received 2 emails since 11:33p -- still NEVER received hubby's email from 6 tonight tho - and who knows how many other ones I'll never see from those 6+ hours :/

Is there an 'easy' way to save my emails to my computer from the 'webmail' page???