Community Forum

Email problems 02/15/2018

New Poster

Email problems 02/15/2018

Anybody else having email problems today?
Frequent Visitor

Comcast Email

Can someone from comcast please give a statement as to what is going on with the email servers. I am an IT myself so no need for the check your hardware BS,reset modem,..... Everything is fine on my end. This is clearly a issue on Comcast side. I open comcast email and click an email and just sits there loading the contents of email. But it ends up with a plain error that the imap.emial server has timedout. SInce the issue is within the imap.email server timeing out then clearly comcast issue. So will someone from Comcast support look into this and gives a post for everyone that pays for there service.

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Email

Completely agree with you. This has been happening far too often lately. The problem is definitely on Comcast's end when I can't open individual emails on my desktop, laptop, and mobile phone (with Verizon service, not Comcast). Comcast needs to acknowledge they have a problem; then fix it!

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Email Down

As a customer we have rights to an explaination. But I will do a little more than supprt on here. I will show the problem is not with customers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just did a  ping and here is the result proving a comcast issue. Instant timeout.

Pinging imap.g.xfinity.com [96.118.148.80] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 96.118.148.80:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also a trace to show where it broke along the way. If it where a problem on the customer end you would think the first 3 or 4 jumps in the trace would timeout but nope happens down the line on their networks. My local network is ?????????? out for privacy.

Tracing route to imap.g.xfinity.com [96.118.148.78]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  ???.???.???.???
  2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  ???.???.???.???
  3    10 ms     8 ms     7 ms  96.120.26.197
  4     8 ms     9 ms     9 ms  162.151.91.185
  5    15 ms    14 ms    12 ms  be-167-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net [162.151.144.101]
  6    15 ms    14 ms    14 ms  be-33491-cr02.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.165]
  7    13 ms    14 ms    13 ms  ae-0-0-ar02-d.northlake.il.ndcchgo.comcast.net [68.86.87.70]
  8    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  96.108.162.94
  9    13 ms    13 ms    14 ms  eth3-12-1-s19.northlake.il.ndcchgo.comcast.net [96.108.176.22]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *    

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There comcast I show the cusomers the problem now can you fix it or explain it.

Regular Visitor

Re: Email problems 02/15/2018

YES

New Poster

Have not been able to recieve a email since 1PM 2/15/18

Regular Visitor

I am not able to send or receive emails. Some do get through but it is a long wait. This should not happen when you are sending it from one of your accounts to another one of your accounts. Is this a problem with the new email format?

New Poster

just spoke with an agent.  she said they are having server issues.  They are aware of the issue, but have no ETA.  (as of 7:30 Central 2/15)

Regular Visitor

yes I am too.  Can't open emails and then says problem with server and times out

New Poster

YES!!! having problems since about 3 pm in the chicagoland area. emails do not open, says "remote server timed out" no response from comcast

New Poster

This samething happen a couple days with the same message from support.

New Poster

Same as above, cannot access e-mail, can send, but the server to receive e-mail must be down.  At least we don't pay a ton for these services 

New Poster

yes. Can't open e-mails

Frequent Visitor

Hard to believe this email problem with the price of COMCAST!!!!

New Poster

yes since 5:10 PM

New Poster

yes- what is the problem?  why is this happening?

Frequent Visitor

Yep. Called and no acknowledgement that Comcast is having issues with the server.  

Frequent Visitor

Getting a little tired of this bologna. Two days ago I couldn't even log into my account to get email for several hours. Now today, preview page opens but none of my emails will open since I got home 3 hours ago.

Contributor

The need to get on the stick.  This isn't nuclear physics they are working with.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, email down for several hours now.

Contributor

I can log in but when I try to call up an email message:  error failed to load message content.

It's the same on two Comcastm accounts.

Frequent Visitor

Has Comcast never heard of backups and/or redundant systems?  Server problems occur.  To not be prepared to handle them, as is evidently the case here, is just plain stupid.

New Poster

Yes

Frequent Visitor

Comcast you owe everyone a refund for the horrendous mail service you have been providing since the change in mail format last week. I haven't had such poor service since the very early days of Adelphia.
How is it that free email providers can provide almost flawless delivery of email and yet we pay you high fees to receive  interruption free access to our email, only to experience a week or more of the server timing out and telling us to try again later every time we try to read an email. For Shame.

New Poster

Yes, it is failing to load the content and deleted, unloaded emails reappear back in the inbox.

Regular Visitor

Re: Comcast Email Down

It's out here in Philly too...at least for me. All other services besides mail are ok.

New Poster

Yep, business email out since this afternoon. Called into service, still trying to figure it out.
New Poster

I am sick of this , it happened once last week also and for the price I pay ... I shoudl not be paying all this money and not be able to get my email....

@Sibby167 wrote:
Anybody else having email problems today?

Regular Visitor

Yes, can't access POP3 e-mail this evening.  Worked fine this morning.  Very frustrating.

Regular Visitor

e-mails and folders will not upload-

Valued Contributor

@Lorinotatechie wrote:

just spoke with an agent.  she said they are having server issues.  They are aware of the issue, but have no ETA.  (as of 7:30 Central 2/15)

Appreciate the info. Out all day here on the Washington St. Coast. Frankly I'm glad it isn't just me!
New Poster

Comcast email is substandard, especially for the price.  I'm getting tired of not being able to get my messages and receiving a time out notice. 

New Poster

Server is down until approximately 10 PM EST as per Comcast agent.
New Poster

How much can we deduct from the bill for no email?

New Poster

Yes, haven't been able to receive, send or reach the server from any device. This has been happening a lot! last week ALL of my outgoing mail never reached its destination and is completely gone from out box. 35 seperate emails. Curiously the name and email addresses for which they were sent were all auto-logged and saved, but no record of sending.

New Poster

Email down in Minneapolis

New Poster

yep - same deal email timing out 

better to use reliable gmail - old outdated comcast with new format - still same old comcast

New Poster

It's been out all day in New Mexico.

New Poster

I think that we're all in agreement, so Comcast how about fixing your problematic service.

New Poster

Huntsville, AL is also facing the same problem.

New Poster

Out in Baltimore, MD as well

New Poster

Email down in NH too!
Bronze Problem Solver

And Florida again.  "Server not available", both with Thunderbird and webmail (the notice is a nice touch;  hadn't seen it before).

New Poster

Approaching that time soon.........So that's how many hours without email? X how many unhappy customers?  And we just have to put up with it because we are paying for it!

Unacceptable, that this is now the second time in a few days with same problem.

New Poster

Confirming down in Minneapolis area.

New Poster

Email down for several hours in Delaware. All other services are running.
Regular Visitor

Email only out in Panama City, FL, area...couple hours now
New Poster

It’s down in California too.
Regular Visitor

I called them about 30 minutes ago. Their recording says they are aware email is down. No time given for it to be operational again.
With all the millions this company makes, you would think they would be able to design and maintain a working email platform. Apparently not. Will we be receiving a credit on our accounts for this service outage??
New Poster

SO.... it is not ME......and I am NOT going crazy????     I have been kicking myself for hours trying to figure out what I am doing wrong and then not getting ANY help with Chat with an Agent, -  no response!