Community Forum

Email problems 02/15/2018

Regular Visitor

Re: Email problems 02/15/2018

Hey Comcast, with all due respect, this long without email service is un-called for, u guys are suppose to be #1.  Waiting on this urgent request.

New Poster

Re: Comcast Email Down

It has been down all day for me in Seattle too...

New Poster

Email down in Washington too

Frequent Visitor

Down in central PA as well.

I'm 251 support chat queue, this is very irritating. Imagine if you are a business.... or maybe you are?

New Poster

e-mail down in denver too.  Everything else working

New Poster

It's been down in Chicago since about 4pm CT said they know and are working, should be up in 1/2hr. That was 2hrs ago. Outbound email works (as I tested to gmail) but no incoming mail.😤...I like what it says below all of this "want an EMAIL when someone replies"...🤔
Frequent Visitor

Down in CA as well, going on 4 hours.  In 10 + years of the old email system, email went down maybe 2 or 3 times total.  Already exceeded that in the few months of this new garbage email system.  Who wrote this new software?

New Poster

Re: Comcast Email

Same here, I was on the phone with them for 30 minutes. They told me it’s a glitch and would be fixed within an hour. It’s now 3 hours later.
Frequent Visitor

Confirming down Savannah Georgia since 4:37pm

Tags (1)
New Poster

Yes, no email connection to Comcast since 4:30 this afternoon and difficulty receiving emails last two days from other servers.  What is going on?

@Sibby167 wrote:
Anybody else having email problems today?

Regular Visitor

Frustrating. Not able to open email in Lower Merion, PA.

Contributor

Down in Boston since this morning

New Poster

ThankAt least I am not alone, guess we just have to grin and wait

@blondie1123 wrote:

yes I am too.  Can't open emails and then says problem with server and times out

New Poster

Yes, we pay almost $200/mo for sporadic, problematic services, and everytime we've called over the years, they've always said the problem originated with our computer.  We had a tech saavy friend look at it one day after their same old line, and he was able to ascertain that absolutely nothing was wrong with our computer.

New Poster

Down in Indy sice about 4pm.

New Poster

Connecticut has been down for a couple hours as well.

New Poster

Email down in Chesterfield, VA since ~ 4:51PM.

New Poster

email has been down most of the day. I spoke with 1st level support several times today. 1st guy was from Mexico and never understood one word he uttered. I eventually hung up. next guy was named Chanderdeep and you can guess where he was from. he said my browser aetting were wrong. I hing up on him. Next guy was once again in Mexico and he said i needed to reboot my modem. I hung up once again, the fourth guy was from Parts Unknown and finally admitted their server was down. I pay $200/month for this?

Frequent Visitor

Down in Oregon too.  Can send mail and receive it in Gmail, etc, but cannot receive any mail in Comcast.....either Outlook or webmail.

Regular Visitor

Down for at least 3 hours in Lawrenceville, NJ (just north of Trenton): spinning wheel, no content - all the top hits.
New Poster

Yup, down here in Florida too.  You get on chat and the first thing they do is tell you that you are messed up.

We all need to call them and ask for a one day or two refund for services not rendered.  

New Poster

I am so tired of this happening with my email "timing" out...failed to load.  A few months ago this EXACT thing happened and they couldn't even send me a test email from the main center!!!! It took 6 days to fix!  My husband is so made that I've not dumped my comcast email, he said to switch to gmail with has NO issues.  Time to say good bye COMCAST!  

New Poster

neither POP3 nor IMAP servers are working. According to their agent it is in email server problem that comcast is working on, however there is no detailed provided on the type of the problems nor ETA to solve it. The spread of the problem was said to be "local", however I saw people reporting it from Chicago, I am in Baltimore area. That doesn't look local to me. 

Regular Visitor

4:37pm EST was the last email I got. Email has been down for the second time in a week in Michigan! I pay $220/month and the internet service is unreliable; cable was acting up tonight too. I supposedly get high speed service with my Xfinity1 Triple Play preferred HD package but I swear it's super slow. Last week the support rep said that we should be getting a credit for service downtime; however, I won't hold my breath. Not sure how much that equates to...all I know is that I can't rely on Comcast email for my business. I'm switching everything over to gmail.

New Poster

E MAIL down in Jackson, Mississippi. Comcast is totally a JOKE!

Regular Visitor

email down in denver for at least 4 hours. typical crappy no-customer service or email outage notification from comcast!

New Poster

cOMCAST/xFINITY IS USELESS. eMAIL DOWN IN mISSISSIPPI

New Poster

We're in Massachusetts and haven't received any email since 4 PM.  We're unable to view any text on email that came in prior to that...just keeps working and then we get message "server unreachable".  

New Poster

Down in Maryland too.  All day

@liltrow wrote:

As a customer we have rights to an explaination. But I will do a little more than supprt on here. I will show the problem is not with customers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just did a  ping and here is the result proving a comcast issue. Instant timeout.

Pinging imap.g.xfinity.com [96.118.148.80] with 32 bytes of data:
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 96.118.148.80:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also a trace to show where it broke along the way. If it where a problem on the customer end you would think the first 3 or 4 jumps in the trace would timeout but nope happens down the line on their networks. My local network is ?????????? out for privacy.

Tracing route to imap.g.xfinity.com [96.118.148.78]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  ???.???.???.???
  2    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  ???.???.???.???
  3    10 ms     8 ms     7 ms  96.120.26.197
  4     8 ms     9 ms     9 ms  162.151.91.185
  5    15 ms    14 ms    12 ms  be-167-ar01.area4.il.chicago.comcast.net [162.151.144.101]
  6    15 ms    14 ms    14 ms  be-33491-cr02.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.165]
  7    13 ms    14 ms    13 ms  ae-0-0-ar02-d.northlake.il.ndcchgo.comcast.net [68.86.87.70]
  8    14 ms    14 ms    14 ms  96.108.162.94
  9    13 ms    13 ms    14 ms  eth3-12-1-s19.northlake.il.ndcchgo.comcast.net [96.108.176.22]
 10     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 11     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 12     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 13     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 14     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 15     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 16     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 17     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 18     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 19     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 20     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 21     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 22     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 23     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 24     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 25     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 26     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 27     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 28     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 29     *        *        *     Request timed out.
 30     *        *    

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There comcast I show the cusomers the problem now can you fix it or explain it.

New Poster

Same problem in Baltimore area. The agent said that the problem is local, but it looks like it is nationwide. No ETA is given either, nor details on what sort of a problem they are having, besides that this is their IMAP mail server problem. BTW, here is a link that may be useful. It shows a great increase in the comcast service in the last five-ish hours: http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity

New Poster

yes

New Poster

No Comcat.net email Jacksonville FL last 7 hours. Now 10:30PM

Regular Visitor

Same here in Puyallup. Has been out 1/2 the day on all e-mail accounts!

New Poster

Same email issues in Portland, Oregon since around noon today. It's now just shy of 19:30 hours.  SO frustrating!!

New Poster

Same problem in DC area. Emails won’t open. Old deleted emails have reappeared. Same problem using mobile app or on web. High prices for substandard services 

New Poster

No, not credit,  they should be paying punitive damages. The outage is nationwidem, there are reports from Washington, Michigan, Chicago, Baltimore, at least, tho many do not provide their location. 

New Poster

Still out in the Detroit area. No service since about 4:30.

Frequent Visitor

i bet the link to PAY MY BILL works...$225 a month for this nonsense, there should be a congressional investigation about this companies' business practices.

New Poster

Down in Denver...

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

No email in Alexandria,VA. I called and they said the email servers are down. Now what?!! An increase in my next bill for sure.

New Poster

St. John, IN

email not working since early afternoon.

New Poster

It appears email is down on Comcast.  I have not gotten any Comcast email since 2:20 p.m. today EST.  When will it be fixed 

Frequent Visitor

I went on their chat and was 255 in the que.  What kind of customer service is that??!!  I hate COMCAST!! Gmail here I come!!!

New Poster

It’s been down here in Pittsburgh, Pa since around 4:15pm. Thought something was wrong with my phone or WiFi connection at first. REALLY annoying!
New Poster

Im in Florida its been out since 4pm sooo local not so much.
New Poster

Apparently down in Colorado too.

New Poster

rather class action suit, this is a nationwide failure from coast to coast
http://downdetector.com/status/comcast-xfinity

Frequent Visitor

Coastal Georgia down, but I was also having an issue with Oulook.com ?? Maybe connected?? I loaded the main xfinity connect page but could not read the body of the emails a few minutes ago. FYI

New Poster

Yes, IMAP servers not responding.

New Poster

Same here in the Indianapolis area.  My last email I got was around 4:30ish.  I thought it was a problem with my laptop that I blew away my local mail profile and tried to rebuild it....some 6,000 messages.  Next I had my wife try her email and she had the same problem.  Maybe we had something wrong with our account.  After reading the forums, it would appear this is wider.