Community Forum

Email not working

New Poster

Email not working

Comcast email has been out today for the past few hours. Can't get through on the phone to report. How can I notify Comcast of the problem?

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Email not working

I got the same problem!  When I try to go to Xfinity Connect, I always get redirected to the Xfinity home page, and I can't even get to my account!  When will the Xfinity Connect issues be fixed? Cat Sad

Contributor

My email isn't working either. Nor can I log in to get to any of my other Comcast services (phone, etc.) I'm watching here for news about what's happening

New Poster

I finally got through to my email account but test emails sent hours ago are still not showing up. No emails are coming through. Called customer service. All I got was a crackling noise and no answer.

New Poster

Mine is also not working! I have tried to contact customer support but I just get an automated message telling me their '' volume is too high' and they are not accepting call. I also attempted to contact them online but it keeps timing out!

Frequent Visitor

I can't get to my email either. If it's not fixed soon I am changing my email.

New Poster

I can get to my email on the xfinity website. I just cannot send from my Mac, my iPhone nor the website. It is having trouble moving the message to my sent folder under IMAP.

I am very frustrated by this.

Regards,

Dave

Frequent Visitor

I've heard through 3rd party source that Comcast DNS servers are down.

New Poster

Email is coming in under "Unknown Sender" and when you click on those emails, there is no content.

Anyone connect with Xfinity on fix ETA?

New Poster

I have been trying to reach out to them for two hours and was finally just placed on hold so hopefully will get an ETA! 

Contributor

Before 9 am this morning, my comcast email had "no content".  No new email since 9:10 am Pacific Daylight Time.

Contributor

Contributor

I'm not even getting that when I call. All I get is "We are experiencing high volume."... then a hangup. I can get to the main connect.xfinity.com page, but can't get to Email, Phone, or Account from there.

New Poster

my email is not working.. worked yesterday.

Contributor

Yikes! It looks like the whole national Comcast system is crippled.

My phone, internet, and TV are still working. No email, and the Comcast website is broken.

This is in eastern Massachusetts.

New Poster

My email has been down this morning.  Not resolved as of 11:30 am PST.  I am in Everett, WA.  Is this widespread, or just in this area?

New Poster

I am having the same problem.

New Poster

I have the same problem and can't contact Comcast...emails won't receive or send. ARGHHHH!!!

New Poster

Not working yet in Ferndale. Seems to happen way too often!!

Contributor

Having the same problem as every one else. Cannot load my e-mails. When will this be fixed?

Frequent Visitor

I'm in Massachusetts and mine isn't working either.

Frequent Visitor

This is a disaster. I'm a magazine editor and all my emails with current information I need are all stored in my Comcast email files. Comcast should at least keep us posted about the problem and the estimated time of restoration. Never seen this happen and I've been a Comcast customer for decades. Thumbs down to Comcast for not keeping its customes informed.

New Poster

Email has been down for the past hour. This new email platform is for the birds. Need to get problem(s) taken care of. 

New Poster

I am having the same problem, started this morning by say imap server refuses to import one or more emails, also got a message that said Message has been successfully sent. A copy could not be placed in you sent file though

Frequent Visitor

I wonder if they got hacked?

Regular Visitor

Southern California email out too! Noon our time.

Regular Visitor

I AGREE

Regular Visitor

Mine isn't either. I can get into the account but none of the messages are downloading. Just blank pages. I'm busy moving my email account for the most part to gmail. I've had much fewer problems with that and it loads quicker. Hard to find any answers to problems either. 

Contributor

Having problems with my Comcast e-mail also (using web access). Message on Inbox says "failed, try again later". Messages are showing up in "sent" folder but they have no content. Go figure. My wife's Comcast e-mail on her computer (same web access) is working ok. What's up Doc?????   I just paid my bill. 

ron. 

New Poster

I am having the same thing happen. 

New Poster

The downdetector link is not working. Having the same issues as everyone else. Hopefully comcast will be able to get things fixed soon.

New Poster

Not working here in NorCal either. Hopefully comcast will get it fixed soon.

Regular Visitor
New Poster

Western Mass is out also

New Poster

ComcastCares (twitter)

@comcastcares

One of Comcast’s large backbone network partners had a fiber cut that we believe is also impacting other providers. It's currently affecting our business & residential internet, video, & voice customers. We apologize & are working to get services restored as soon as possible. -IG

Report your outage here.

https://outage.report/us/xfinity

New Poster

3:19 and Comcast email not working in Boston area. At least thanks to this forum I know this is not only my problem.

Frequent Visitor

However, I DID just get a notification in my Comcast email that YOUR note was just posted. So at least their internal email is working. Wish they'd send out an explanation of what's going on to everyone.

Frequent Visitor

Mine just came back on, thankfully.  I'm in the Seattle area. Hope everyone is back!

New Poster

Heads up my email is now working again. Hope everybody elses is too!

New Poster

Re: Email not working and show no content when trying to access

@RenFran wrote:

Email is coming in under "Unknown Sender" and when you click on those emails, there is no content.

Anyone connect with Xfinity on fix ETA?

I have the same problem do you know when this might be fixed?

New Poster

My location is rural Western Washington State.  Comcast internet connectivity is OK, however email is out since 05:00 hrs PDT.  Comcast provides minimally acceptable reliability, however system faults lead to significant interuptions.  Alternatives to Comcast actually worse, hence sole action is to short-pay Comcast invoices.  I generally take a 25% discount (or more) for major service interuptions.  Comcast does complain about this practice, however always relents when I threaten to terminate my account.  Perhaps more of this activity from others will lead Comcast towards network improvement.

Contributor

Mine is back too, as is TV.

Emails are slow to arrive.  I just received one that was sent at 1:08 p.m., and I received it at 3:20 p.m. Based on past Comcast email snafus they will have a backlog so anticipate receiving older emails slowly.  Outgoing email to non-Comcast email addresses are received quickly.

How sad is it that I know the Comcast email screw-up routine by heart now.Smiley Sad

New Poster

My old messages are now loading but I am still not receiving emails. I tried to send a test one to myself and I also sent some while the sytem was down and still have not received them.

Contributor

Emails are slow to arrive.  I just received one that was sent at 1:08 p.m., and I received it at 3:20 p.m. Based on past Comcast email snafus they will have a backlog so anticipate receiving older emails slowly.  Outgoing email to non-Comcast email addresses are received quickly.

New Poster

I just went back down again. I received an error message when logging in

Contributor

Must be just some glitch that takes some time to wind itself out. Seems to be working again, although the "sent messages" do not show content. Maybe that will clear up shortly. Things were so much better when I was a kid and all we had was a crystal radio that you clipped to a chain link fence and picked up a few close AM stations. Now look what's going on.....Smiley Sad

Expert

THERE IS AN OUTAGE. See https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/SERVICE-INTERRUPTION-6-29-18/m-p/3111552#M200031

This post is locked in order to keep the conversation in the same location. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!