Community Forum

Email not sending...

New Poster

Email not sending...

I am unable to send email from either of my comcast accounts. It was working fine 3 days ago. The outgoing mail is configured wrong and there is no way to manually change it ( not highlighted). Have spoken to representatives thru chat and 2 phone calls. They are completely without expertise in iPads.  Very frustrated!!

New Poster

Re: Email not sending...

I am having the exact same issue!! Very frustrated.

New Poster

Any ideas what we can do???  I've been waiting 2 days for a call back.

Expert

@Pbnj1 wrote:

I am unable to send email from either of my comcast accounts. It was working fine 3 days ago. The outgoing mail is configured wrong and there is no way to manually change it ( not highlighted). Have spoken to representatives thru chat and 2 phone calls. They are completely without expertise in iPads.  Very frustrated!!

Exactly what happens when you try to send?  Are you getting any error message?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Now one of the accounts is working properly.

The message has changed—it was telling me that the server information needed to be reconfigured. Now it is saying user name or password is incorrect. I have repeatedly deleted and the. Reentered the account. Still will not send emails.

Expert

@Pbnj2 wrote:

Now one of the accounts is working properly.

The message has changed—it was telling me that the server information needed to be reconfigured. Now it is saying user name or password is incorrect. I have repeatedly deleted and the. Reentered the account. Still will not send emails.

In iOS, you need to set the password in two places------for the incoming server, and then again for the outgoing SMTP server. Did you do that? If not, to change it for the SMTP server;

In iOS 11 and 12, go to "Settings" on the home screen, then scroll down to"Accounts & Passwords", click on the account, and then on the next screen tap the "account" again. Scroll down to "SMTP" and tap that. Then tap "smtp.comcast.net" again. On the next screen, tap "smtp.comcast.net", and you will see the password. Change it and then tap "Done" in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Thank you! Today this worked!  It had been tried several times with no luck. I’m thinking something changed on the Xfinity end but am just glad it is now working.  Have no idea how any changes could have been made . Thanks again.