Community Forum

Email messages not being received by comcast customers

Official Employee

Re: Email messages not being received by comcast customers

surelutions1, you are logging in with two different usernames. The one for "surelutions1" isn't the same I see for "surelutions". Try logging out, clear cache and cookies and log back in with your primary UID. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

@surelutions1 You had a different domain in your first post.  This should be resolved in about 15-20 minutes.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Awesome, thank you.

Can you tell me what the problem was? I'd like to add it to our project notes in case this happens with any other websites we manage.

Is the forum typically the best place request help?

@ComcastAntiSpam wrote:

@surelutions1 You had a different domain in your first post.  This should be resolved in about 15-20 minutes.

Official Employee

@surelutions1 

Looks like it was related to recipients marking your messages as spam.  You can check our postmaster site and sign up for the FBL (use the DKIM-based option, and let me know if you don't know what your DKIM domain is).  That might give you insight in the future.

New Poster

Confirmed that email is being delivered now. Thank you for your help!

We'll look into the FBL. For anyone else wanting the info, here are the links I found:

@ComcastAntiSpam wrote:

@surelutions1 

Looks like it was related to recipients marking your messages as spam.  You can check our postmaster site and sign up for the FBL (use the DKIM-based option, and let me know if you don't know what your DKIM domain is).  That might give you insight in the future.

Frequent Visitor

Hi @ComcastAntiSpam

We are a web app that sends transactional emails to Comcast customers and we are receiving reports of emails not being delivered.  Our sending domain is @corkcrm.com -- can you please let us know who we need to contact about this?

Official Employee

The IPs associated with Mandrill are being flagged as spammy.  I'm trying to work to get this resolved.

Regular Visitor

I have no problem receiving e-mails (as far as I know!), but I have two friends who are not receiving my e-mails to them.  This started about 3 months ago.  One, who has a comcast account, does not receive anything I send from my e-mail account.  He does, however, get messages I send from two different college accounts I also use.  The other has a yahoo account, and sometimes does, and sometimes does not, get my messages.  I use Firefox and they have checked their spam folders with no result.  The messages are marked as sent in my send folder.  Please help.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response @ComcastAntiSpam .  We appreciate that you are working on this.  We received roughly 35 reports related to this issue in the past couple of days -- what kind of timeframe should we expect for this to be resolved?

Our customers are quite unhappy with us as our emails are not being delivered.

Regular Visitor

I sent a PM to ComcastKenF yesterday (as instructed furthur up in thread) regarding emails not being delivered but got no reply so I am posting here.  I am not getting emails delivered to my comcast account from the domain @impactwaterproducts.com  I last got them on June 5 and several were sent yesterday that never came through. I know they were sent because I had them copy my work account.  can you please fix to allow

General rant: This setup seems rediculous. How are we supposed to know that someone is sending us an email that ultimately gets blocked when these blocked emails never end up in the spam folder and there is no message or other indicator that an email was blocked. There is simply no record of it - sender says they send it, I never get it and it isn't in the spam folder but because I had them copy my work email, I know they sent it and I can see the comcast address too in the email.  What is the point of even using comcast for email if it doesn't work.  Using xfinity connect (app or webpage),  I have the spam folder active and "keep a copy" checked. I get true spam in there (nigerian bank fraud, etc.) but not emails that comcast deems are spam and that I want. Frankly, I would rather there be no comcast server based spam filter and get the obvious spam (that ends up in the spam folder) to  my inbox along with the emails I need.  Its time consuming tracking down something that is supposed to just work.

Regular Visitor

We just realized that we are not receiving all email messages.  I checked spam folder (empty), trash, and all other folders; not there.  Most important is from son's college, they sent proxy info with temp password; never received, so I cannot get in.  He showed me the email he received, with my comcast email cc:ed.  Also sent a reservation confirmation from 3rd party to Comcast, never received.  Good thing I printed it out first, not relying on printing a copy of the email.  Also, requests for password resets were delayed 2 and 3 hours for one company, 2 days for another.   Can comcast please check your spam and virus blockers for our account?  Like some other posters here, I found out by accident, no way to know that someone sent you an email that you didn't receive...  Thank you.

Regular Visitor

We're also a transactional email company and our users specifically sign up with us because of the email we send out (it's part 1 of our service). About 2 weeks ago our comcast email users stopped receiving their email. We send the email daily at the end of the work day and they are starting to get upset. They really need the information we send them for their business.

ComcastAntiSpam, I'll be dm'ing you our info. Please let me know if this can be resolved quickly as we have some upset customers now.

Thank you!

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam Meant to include you in my message from yesterday, that we are not receiving all of our incoming messages.  Please advise as to how this can be resolved.  Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

Hi @ComcastAntiSpam, we have not heard back on this issue.  Could you please provide an update?

Official Employee

@corkcrm I escalated a few of the listings, but also had an exchange with MailChimp and suggested they reach out to work toward a resolution.  I can check in with MC if you're still seeing an issue?

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam 

It would be great if you are able to get in touch with with Comcast Dev working on this issue.

As far as I know, we haven't seen any change in deliverability on our end, we just want to know from someone working on the issue:

1. Has the issue been resolved?
  2. What was the issue exactly? (so we can make reference to this in the future if it happens again)
  3. What kind of testing was done to confirm it has been resolved (or how we might test the issue) as it was somewhat intermittent and hard to know if it's fixed/ not fixed. 

We're happy to do any leg work on our end, it's just not clear whether or not this has been resolved.

Frequent Visitor

Checking for an update on my problem.

Official Employee

@isheehan I just requested an update from SendGrid, I thought they had already cleaned this up.

@corkcrm In the past 48hrs, it looks like all the messages have been marked as clean, and properly delivered.

Frequent Visitor

I received 2 emails from the noreply address this afternoon. It seems like something may have been resolved!

Official Employee

Sorry it took so long, it seems SendGrid had to nudge DonorsChoose again to finally resolve it.

New Poster

Having the same issue - the urgency now is from these two domains:

rabbett-insurance.com (this is sporadic)

Trying to set up my ring doorbell.... can't activate my account - ring.com

New Poster

@ComcastKenF  I am having the same issue. No one with a comcast.net email can receive my email from my new domain email. only an issue with comcast.net emails.

please advise...

Frequent Visitor

Great -- thank you

New Poster

Is someone investigsting this?  I sent in the details of the enmils that were not delivered, as you requested.

Official Employee

I'll respond in the DM thread so as not to share your private details

New Poster

I too have this same issue at my business. Could you please put me in touch with someone from anti spam? Thank you.
Regular Visitor

I’m having the same problem- my business partner and I can not receive the security pin emails to log into our state Mvd software. We both have Comcast emails that used to receive these emails. The security messages come from DoNotReply@state.nm.us. Do you need any additional information?
New Poster

Hi , can you send me a pm to resolve our company emails not being received by our customers? Even order confirmation or customer service emails they initiate! Thank you!

Official Employee

@andreamcdonold4 Should be resolved

@CindyCC Going to send you a PM requesting some additonal information

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam Guess who's back, looks like @dwagolf.com domain is blocked again and I have zero complaints on the FBL Dashboard????

Is there a more formal avenue to resolve this permenantly than a support forum post?

Official Employee

@cawhite6 You're not being flagged as spam, I'll send you a PM to keep this thread on-topic.

New Poster

Would you please also investigate emails comiing from service@prepaidcardstatus.com?
I am an employee of swift prepaid solutions, the company that runs this site. We utilize email addresses for MFA to access prepaid card accounts and users are claiming not to be receiving emails when we are sending from this address.
Please PM me for further information @ComcastAntiSpam 

New Poster

my emails are not going through.  It's random, some go through others don't.  I get the pop up that says the "email has been sent" and it shows in my send box, but emails aren't sent.

I have spoken with 6 comast customer service agents.  

Official Employee

@bettyappleby I've found some of your messages that were flagged as spam.  I'm trying to get this resolved for you.  If I need more information, I'll send you a PM.

@anauma02 I've sent you a PM.

New Poster

I am having the same problem. I am a comcast user and up until a few days ago I received all emails fine. Now I am not receiving emails from a certain @volcano.net email account (my daughter) and they are not bouncing. I have spam filtering turned off and I cannot find any of the emails she has sent. Please advise, this is very inconvenient.

Official Employee

Responded to the PM  from charlotteasher 

Regular Visitor

We are having the same problem with emails not being delivered to comcast customers.

We are a public tv station and cannot send ticket purchase reciepts to comcast addresses.

The Comcast domain are the only messages not making it through.

The domain is cpt12.org

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Official Employee

We are having the same problem with emails not being delivered to comcast customers.

We are a public tv station and cannot send ticket purchase reciepts to comcast addresses.

The Comcast domain are the only messages not making it through.

The domain is cpt12.org

Thanks for any assistance you can provide.

Jd_sysadmin, did you get help with this?

New Poster

Not Getting Email delivered from @missionary.org

I have a son who is emailing me from with a @Missionary.org account.  For several weeks no email from him have made it to my @comcast.net account nor my wife's, nor my daughters.  When he sends it to a gmail account it comes through without issues.  I can see on his address it has my correct email addess, but it is not showing up in my inbox, nor is it in my spam folder.  It just disapears.  He isn't getting a rejection message.  

I have tried forwarding what I received in gmail to my comcast account and I can get it, so it isn't a size issue.  

Please assist.  

Regular Visitor

Thanks  for resolving our problem with poor IP reputation.

emails to comcast domains are now getting delivered.

jd

New Poster

Yesterday, I sent two messages from my comcast account.  These went to my sent folder, but it appears that they did not go out.  I was among the 75 or so recipients and I never received it.  Is there a limit to the number of recipients, or is there another issue?  I have had similar intermittant issues with sending emails to only one or handful of recipients, but most emails do go out successfully.

Thanks for any help. @ComcastAntiSpam 

Official Employee

@batnole it's being flagged as a stock scam, and looking at the subject, I'm not sure there's much I can do about that.   you might want to try to restate the subject look less like you're offering gold and stock picks.  If you really want to keep it that way, I can try to have it resolved, but I'm worried it might come back.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam Thank you for your quick reply.  I resent the message with your suggestion of removing references to gold and picks.  The body of the message did not change.  That was sent about 20 minutes ago, and I have not received it yet.

Do you think it is because of the number of recipients?  Does it help to use BCC instead?

Are your spam filters looking in the message as well?  Should I remove any references to gold throughout my message (only 1 or 2 that I see)?

Is there a guide somewhere of which words/phrases not to use in email, or can an alert be sent when the message does not go out?  I would not have known that mine didn't had I not copied myself on the message.

Thanks again.

Official Employee

@batnole All major email providers do some amount of content scanning.  So, yes, it's quite likely causing an issue there as well. Your number of recipients is fine, no need to change how you're sending, but more likely the content needs to be adjusting.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam That makes sense, but I sent a copy of the same message to only myself (2 recipients - an alternate gmail account and also my comcast email address) and I received it almost immediately in both places.  Since Comcast let that one go out, it seems that the number of recipients may be a factor.  Unless I am misunderstanding something.

New Poster

Hello,

I'm having the same issue as well. When we send customers with comcast emails our order confiramtion and shipping conformation emails, they seem to disappear. They come from our mailbot (mailbot@gearx.com). This is also synced with our main email address, orders@gearx.com. @ComcastAntiSpam any thoughts?  

New Poster

Here is a further update in case it helps any others.  I was able to PDF the text of my email and it successfully went to the 76 intended email recipients (I think, at least I got it). 

As a suggestion to @ComcastAntiSpam and team, it would be helpful if an alert could pop up when an email is rejected to let us know that it did not reach its intended recipients. 

Official Employee

@aszat I believe this should be resolved now.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam Thanks for the reply and hopeful fix! 

Regular Visitor

I am having issues with 2 customers (1 comcast email not receiving emails and 1 other domain whose Comcast customers are not receiving their emails) and my own email which does not get received by some Comcast customers (including 1 of my own customers). Please help! I would rather pm someone about the issues.