New Poster

Re: Email messages not being received by comcast customers

I’m having the same problem.
Regular Contributor

Me too, In Chesterfield Va.
New Poster

Having the same issue. Did not receive a single email from 7 pm last night until 8:02 am this morning which is VERY unusual. Where are my emails?

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam I am having the same issue with sending to comcast customers. I am not sure how to DM you.

Official Employee

@mbatalha I sent you a PM you can reply to.  Check near the top of the page, it should tell you that you have "1 New Message"

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi everyone, 

If you need help with not receiving emails, please let me know and send me a private message with your full name for help (click my name and then click the private message link on the top right).

I am a Comcast user and all of a sudden I am not receiving any emails at all.  What's up with this.  How do I resolve this?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

The issue that was causing the issue on Monday evening/Tuesday morning should be resolved now.

New Poster

Hi, unfortunately this does not seem to be resolved.  I am sending email from stjamestheatre.org (which runs gsuite) and no person with a comcast email address is receiving emails.  Can you please help?

Official Employee

@kpdillon Should be resolved in 15 minutes or so.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem with emails from family members and from listservs. I cannot find where/how to change from POP to IMAP, if that is the recommended solution. Please help!

Official Employee

kararoa! Thanks for reaching out and taking the time out of your schedule to let us know about your email concerns! I know how frustrating it is to not receive messages so I'll work with you until this is resolved. 

You can find steps and the settings for your email configurations here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email

I got your private message so I'll follow up with you there. 

Ken

New Poster

We are having the same issue. How do I reach out to @ComcastAntiSpam to get a resolution? Our company emails are not being sent to Comcast users. 

Official Employee

@gapgolf Just put the domain of the email messages having the issue in this thread.  That's typically sufficient to be able to find the problem.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same problem.  Invitation emails to complete a form sent from @gmail.com are not being received by any @comcast recipients.  It worked fine in April and still works with @gmail recipients.

Official Employee

I am having the same problem.  Invitation emails to complete a form sent from @gmail.com are not being received by any @comcast recipients.  It worked fine in April and still works with @gmail recipients.

ChrisHB, Hi! Thanks for posting here! Are you sending these emails to comcast emails or are you one of the recipients who aren't getting the email?

Regular Visitor

Both.  I am the sender from my gmail account but am using my comcast emails as a test.

Regular Visitor

Emails sent from my comcast account to two domains were not getting through today. They have in the past. I sent emails to these domains from my work account, copying my comcast account, and they went through immediately. the domains were @princetonair.com and @alliedwells.com.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam I am having the same type of issues with email not going through. I also can not find the link to dm you.

Official Employee

@Guitarfan25 I see your PM, going to check it now

Official Employee

@gregory_d_smith Should be resolved in about 15 minutes, please let me know if that is not the case.

Official Employee

ChrisHB, thanks for letting me know. If you send me a private message with your name, I can reach out to tech ops to have them look into this for you.  Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

Same problem.  Could you look into it?  @ComcastAntiSpam 

New Poster

I'm having a problem with emails from Neopets not coming through. Could someone please look into this for me? Thank you.

Official Employee

I'm having a problem with emails from Neopets not coming through. Could someone please look into this for me? Thank you.

katrina2035 hey! Love Neopets. Have you attempted to see if they are in your spam folder? Can you check to see if your spam filter is active? If not, please activate it and then enable the "Save a copy" function then attempt to retest. If you have content in your spam folder form Neopets, you'll need to go through those emails and mark them as "not spam". Smiley Happy

New Poster

Thank you so much for the reply! I do have my spam filter active and the emails have never shown up in there either. They seem to be blocked from coming through at all somehow. 

Official Employee

Thank you so much for the reply! I do have my spam filter active and the emails have never shown up in there either. They seem to be blocked from coming through at all somehow. 

Got it! Do you have the "save a copy" option marked as well?

New Poster

Yep

Regular Visitor

I had the same problem. No emails received for six days, 7/5-11/19. I wish I had seen this thread earlier. I did live chat with two different people. The 2nd person said they could see all of the emails, but their level of service did not allow them access to my account to fix the problem.  I was referred to Customer Service (CSA) and told only they could access my account and fix the problem. I called number given, was on hold for 1 h 45m. Adrian finally got on the line and told me to delete, not disable, my email filters. He also had me send test emails. I did and the test emails Adrian and I sent came through. Adrian said the problem was fixed but the 6 days of unreceived emails were gone, never to be restored. Adrian didn't do anything; he just talked me through steps. For what he talked me through, access to my account wasn't necessary. The live chats could've done the same thing, and I could have done something else with that 1 h 45m.

It's not necessary to go through the rest of the conversation Adrian and I had, but let it suffice to say I am not happy with the loss of emails. Reading some other suggestions shows that there are other solutions to this problem that don't result in the loss of emails.

New Poster

Having trouble not getting emails myself, not sure this is exactly the right place to be posting this, but here goes.  For some reason I've been unable to send or receive any email from a friend at work that uses a gmail account.  He tried sending several to me and none got through, so to make sure he wasn't accidentially sending the wrong email I emailed him.  On 6/25/2019 I got an email through to him, and I recieved a reply from him. 

Since then neither of us has been able to get through to each other.  Nothing is going to spam, when I send it shows up in my sent folder.  However when I've asked he hasn't recieved anything from me since that first email got through. 

We were trying to organize a game for this weekend and when I got to work I let him know I never got his details and he said he'd sent them at 5pm yesterday...but not a sign of it getting through to me.

Has me wondering what other emails might be getting sent to me that I'm not getting.  Anyway of dealing with this?  For what it's worth, I did check to make sure the spam options were enabled, I have room in my inbox, no emails blocked ( that I set anyway ) so not sure what else I can do.

I suppose I could just open a gmail account of my own just to talk to the guy, but I'd rather keep everything on my comcast account.

Official Employee

@KrisR1 Could you send me a PM with some details about the email address they're going to and coming from?  I'd like to see if we can resolve this for you.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue!!! Help!
Official Employee

Hey All, 

If you are using the native XFINITY connect suite, have the spam filter active with the option to save a copy enabled, and you're not getting new emails from select email address, please let me know by sending me a private message with your full name. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side.  

New Poster

I am having the same issue for domain stpaulse.com @ComcastAntiSpam

Official Employee

Resolved via PM

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam Having same issue from corporate domain showing accepted but never delivered or bounced. Everything from @dwagolf.com domain.....which is an on-prem Exchange server sending on a Comcast Business IP!!! 68.87.20.5 & 96.114.157.80 are comcast mail servers accepting for delivery ......help!

Frequent Visitor

I am not receiving emails from a specific domain that I used to receive them from.  I have filled out the Remove Block form with the help of a Level 2 Associate, Slower, who provided me with 3 IP addresses to add to the form.  My response came back that the IP addresses that were blocked were not on the list of blocked addresses. 

Official Employee

@cawhite6 Should be resolved shortly

@isheehan we need some additoinal information, like a domain or the IPs you're trying to clean up.

Frequent Visitor

The domain is no-reply@donorschoose.org. I dont know what the IP address is. One of your associates, Slower, gave me 3 IP addresses to enter and I received an email indicating that the IP addresses that she gave me were not blocked. (entered in the form found at this link) https://postmaster.comcast.net/block-removal-request.html   

Additionally, I wanted to share the following information that I found upon research:     https://help.donorschoose.org/hc/en-us/articles/202030483-For-email-system-administrators-whitelisti...

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam Thank you for quick-er response, any ETA? I just had to reload the Exchange SSL Cert but mail is flowing again to everywhere but @comcast.net email still.

Official Employee

@cawhite6 So, it seems like we're getting a lot of complaints for spam from your systems.  I'll have them tentatively delist your IP, but please be aware that if that continues, it may get flagged again.

Official Employee

@isheehan I'm going to DM you.  I'm not seeing an issue with your inbound messages, and I'd like to get more details.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam What constitutes 'a lot of complaints', this domain is a small community golf course which sends out memeber dues and weekly event flyers (which can be opted out of) - comcast domain makes up a portion but by no means excessive amount of registered emails. Regardless its typical to get blacklisted IPs from spam servers, not deny entire domains (especially with no bounce back message/notification. Its much easier to enlist the domain admin to figure out what is a complaint and what is being done to mitigate spam - which between client spam App, we also filter everything through spam proxy before reaching our on-prem exchange server. All our sender conenctors require authentication. Any information you can provide will be helpful to ensure this does not happen in the future.

-thank you

Official Employee

It's over time, adds up.  I'm not going to disagree this should be a BANNER block, but that's not what happened in this case unfortunately.

Are you registered for our FBL?  That would let you know how many complaints you might be getting.

Frequent Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam Thanks for the reply, I'll head over and sign up for FBL. Also mail is flowing again to comcast domain! yeah!

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam I'm having the same issue with deliverability to comcast email addresses. DM you?

New Poster

Hi @ComcastKenF - Same issue happening with one of our sites -- greenstreetree.com . Messages sent from domain to customers are not being received by anyone with a comcast email. How do we find out if the domain has been blockedby comcast for some reason, and how do we get it fixed?

Leslie

Official Employee

@surelutions I don't see that domain in our logs, nor does it appear to have any DNS entries.  Are you sure it's correct?

Frequent Visitor

What is the status of my problem please?

Official Employee

@isheehan As I mentioned in the DM, I'm still waiting to hear back from SendGrid, the ESP for DonorsChoose.org.  They said they would ask the Account Rep for that organization to remove your suppression list entry, that was on Tuesday.  They may need to contact DonorsChoose for permission to do so.

New Poster

@ComcastAntiSpam  For some reason, I can't log in with the same username, but I'm still Surelutions. 

Yes, that is the correct domain: https://greenstreettree.com/ . All emails are being delivered from the company, with the exception of emails sent to anyone with a @comcast.net email address.

What do you think might be the issue and how can we fix it?