Community Forum

Email messages not being received by comcast customers

Expert

Re: Email messages not being received by comcast customers

@MegaLink wrote:

I am having issues with 2 customers (1 comcast email not receiving emails and 1 other domain whose Comcast customers are not receiving their emails) and my own email which does not get received by some Comcast customers (including 1 of my own customers). Please help! I would rather pm someone about the issues.

Please do not send an unrequested PM to anyone as it's against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy.  You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

I did read that I can't pm anyone already, hence why I am posting in order to get a request because that is what I would prefer.

Regular Visitor

How can I get a similar problem resolved? No emails from our church are getting to comcast customers (with 2-3 exceptions).

Official Employee

@MegaLink I'll send you a PM to start the thread

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

@bnjlewis I'm going to send you a PM.  This is related to your SPF and DMARC records, we're not marking the messages as spam.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I am consistently not receiving any emails from a @twc.com address (and am aware of others, e.g. @thenetwork-co.org, and 8/13 from a ....review.org address). Kindly message me if you will @ComcastAntiSpam 

Official Employee

@HBaker1 I found the TWC address, and have requested remediation.  I will recommend that you change your settings to enable your spam folder and save a copy.  This will allow you to a) find the messages in your spam folder b) report them as not spam to help train the filters.

Regular Visitor

We are not receiving all emails that are sent to our comcast.net email address.  Please advise.

Official Employee

@kpbeatty Can you DM me with some details? Email addresses and approximate dates are nice if you have them.

New Poster

Our comcast accounts are not receiving e-mails sent from metrocast.net

Official Employee

@bobknow I believe these were resolved late yesterday via another inquiry.  Could you confirm?

New Poster

Just sent test message to the two comcast accounts in question from my @metrocast account. Messages were received OK. However the missing messages from the past week or so did not arrive.

Should we expect those to be received or not?

Official Employee

No, but if you're unsure what they might be, I might be able to DM you some additional information.

New Poster

At this oint we don't need them. Lets hope the poroblem is resolved for good. Thanks for the prompt assistance. Bob K

New Poster

We too are having issues with our email being sent and received by comcast customers.  Our Gmail is saying the emails have been delivered, but there is nothing showing up in comcast inbox or spam filter - the message just disappears.  The emails are coming/going to  @njirrigation.com domain.

Thanks

Official Employee

Should be clear in about 15-20 minutes

Regular Visitor

I cannot receive or send e mails

Official Employee

@RonMagstadt Have you attempted to login via the webmail?  

Regular Visitor

I am having this problem as well.  In particular, a variety of legitimate emails don't get to me -- many from precisionnutrition.com, but probably other sites as well.

And when I send email to a Yahoo Group, it often does not get through.  Similarly, if I try to directly email my dad, he does not get the email.  I have to use my gmail account for him to get it.

Official Employee

They appear to be delivered properly.  I do see you have some filters setup to manage some mail.  I trust you've checked those subfolders?

Regular Visitor

Thanks.  Yes, the PN emails come through now, after months of not getting them.  I now get two versions, one to my Gmail and forwarded to Comcast, the other direct.  It was only an example of the types of problems I have seen.  (And yes, I do pay attention to the filtering.)

The problem of emails to Yahoo groups and my dad is still very much apparent.  It doesn't happen every time with the Yahoo Group mail, but enough.  When I do get them through,  they come back to me via my spam folder.  Come to think of it, emails to Google Groups tend not to go through, either.

And my dad.

Thanks again.

Official Employee

One thing is definitely to ensure your spam folders are enabled (looks like yours is)

If you have more specific examples, including domains or dates, that would help.

Regular Visitor

yahoogroups.com, appears to have just started in the last few weeks.

googlegroups.com Late August, 2019

westfoundation.us, both sending and receiving, since at least June, 2019

sbcglobal.net, both sending and receiving, for years.

Official Employee

Okay, I've requested the yahoogroups be sorted out (looks like a family group?)

The others, I checked, and it looks like in the past two weeks, you've received all the messages they've attempted to deliver (I didn't see any from sbcglobal to your address).

Frequent Visitor

I too am having this problem. I sent @

Regular Visitor

Thanks for the help on this.  Yes, family groups for both the Yahoo groups and Google groups.  The sbcglobal account is only rarely used at this point and likely nothing in the last six months.  

Official Employee

@Not_Satisfied You'll need to supply the domain, either in here, or via PM

@jbare Okay, if you believe this happens again in the future, please reach out, and we'll get it sorted for you.

New Poster

Would you please check these 2 domains and whitelist them? We only send legitamate emails to our members.

@callfcu.org

@callfederal.org

Please let me know. thank you!

Official Employee

@jstsamey I'm not seeing anything to indicate your messages are being flagged as spam.  If you feel otherwise, click on my name and send me a PM.

New Poster

I am not receiving any emails from our school district.  Strangely they are coming though on one of my comcast email accounts but not the other.  According to the person sending the group email, the emails to my comcast address are being blocked by the server but they are not showing up in my spam folder. Is there some way to check if and why emails from this account are being blocked  donotreplySHS@bsd405.org

New Poster

Hi I am not receiving emails from one of my contacts.
Official Employee

@hemmenm Could you click on my name and send me the details of which email addresses are involved with the issue?  It doesn't appear that we're flagging the messages as spam, so I need a bit more to go on.

@Arainbowgal You're going to have to PM me some details such as your email, and your associate's email address.

Click on my name to send me a PM.  It should be a blue box that says "Send a message" on the right side.

Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue. The domain is @lesleyellis.org

Can you please assist @ComcastAntiSpam ?
Official Employee

@riskadvisor I'll respond to your PM

New Poster

Hello,

Me and a few others are members of a site that will send us Email.  None of the Email is received at our comcast.net Email addresses.  We are using a web browser, not mobile apps, to read Email.  The Email is not going to Spam.  The Email is not received even after putting the sending address in our Address Box.  Clearly Comcast is filtering these, for some reason.  Please address this ASAP.

Jeff

Official Employee

@pulzopn Could you share the domain of the sending site?

New Poster

gn304@whpservers.com

server403@webhostingpad.com

Official Employee

@pulzopn I don't see any messages attempted in the past 14d.  Do you have an IP address I can use instead?  If you don't feel comfortable sharing here, you can PM me the IP.

New Poster

Sorry, I entered the data wrong.  The domains are:

gn304.whpservers.com

server403.webhostingpad.com

Jeff

Official Employee

@pulzopn For the first domain, all delivered properly, no issues.  Second domain, no attempts in the past 14d showing in the logs. Still might need the IP for the second one.

Regular Visitor

@ComcastAntiSpam I looked for a link/button/etc to PM you but I'm afraid I couldn't locate it, so perhaps you could PM me instead? I am not currently a Comcast customer but rather a service provider who has Comcast users among my customer base, and have encountered instances in the past month of my emails not being received by users with comcast.net addresses while also not resulting in any sort of bounce (hard or soft) on my end. Customers have also confirmed for me that the messages are not visible in their spam/junk boxes. There are two domains in question, which I'd like to submit to you by PM if possible. Thank you for your help.

Regular Visitor

I'm a comcast customer and have not received an email from one of my clients since 9/9/19.

Can you help me run down this problem?

Official Employee

@sdavis7809 I'm going to send you a PM, you'll need to give me additional details

Regular Visitor

Ok,  what additional information do you need?

Can you send a list of questions or do we do this one message at a time???

Official Employee

@sdavis7809 At the top of the page, you'll see an enelope with a number next to it.  That should lead you to your PMs.

Regular Visitor

Top of what page?  There are no envelopes on your last post, my last post or previous posts?

Specify or send a link to the envelope!  And why and envelope, just send the questions.

New Poster

Emails from the domain monasticacademy.com and cml.me are not going through to @comcast.net emails. 

Can someone help with this problem? Thanks! 

Official Employee

@unrealeel That should be clear in about 20 minutes

New Poster

I have the same issue.

Please help!

Official Employee

@Arthurkkelly You need to provide further information.  If you're not getting email from a specific sender, you'll need to share that sender.  Alternately, you can PM me with that information if you don't want to share it here.