Community Forum

Email messages not being received by Comcast customers

Regular Visitor

Email messages not being received by Comcast customers

I am the director for an art center and 501(c)(3) nonprofit and send out emails to a wide variety of people--a mailing list of 2,000 for regular updates on classes and gallery changes. We also email many people for business purposes using a Google for Nonprofits (gmail supported) domain for emails. We've had reports from several patrons/business contacts with Comcast accounts that they are not receiving our emails, and they're not showing up in their spam filters. One business contact even spent half an hour on the phone with me the other day as we experimented with ways to try to get one of our domain's emails into his inbox, with no success. He could email me directly, but any emails or replies I sent to him were not received, and did not show up in his spam folder.

Can you help us with ensuring our emails get into Comcast inboxes who want to receive them? This is really hurting us even some of our isntructors are not receiving time sensitive emails from us--and our audience is an older audience, so calling every single one fo them and walking them through trying to fix their spam settings is not a feasible option.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. @ComcastAntiSpam , can you help?

Official Employee

Re: Email messages not being received by Comcast customers

@pingandfriends You'll need to mention the sending domain either here, or send me a PM and we'll take a look.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

My husband and I are also having the same problem today. We test sent several emails to ourselves from comcast and although it showed sent, none of the emails came through. We then test from gmails and we received the emails. For some reason emails going out from comcast don't work. We tried LiveChat with comcast and it doesn't work either. Call and left hanging on the phone so we gave up waiting. Sure would like to know what's going on and it is affecting our emails going out to our clients.

Frequent Visitor

We tested using emails being send out from smtp.comcast.net, 587 or 465. We receive emails from other servers, it's appears it is only comcast incoming emails that don't work.

Official Employee

You didn't mention which email clients you're using.  Have you checked the webmail (if that's not the one you're using)?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

It appears you didn't read my response thoroughly. I test the sending and receiving via my own my comcast email to my own comcast email. Or as you can say Xfinity! I even went into my Xfinity webmail to test. Clearly it too showed send and not received.  I test sent several times and no email came into the inbox. There is no problem sending and receiving with other webmails. It's is just comcast! After spending about an hour trying to troubleshoot the problems both in my outlook setting and xfinity webmail setting, I gave up. My husband then call Xfinity and spend several hours troubleshooting it over the phone with comcast/xfinity. Several technician tried to assist and then one of the Comcast tech guy said Comcast has a special "SPAM" box to screen emails base on certain language/verbage to control possible spam? He says our email were being intercepted and put in xfinity "SPAM" folder due to some verbage and it is in comcast and so we cannot see it and he couldn't tell us where they are either. All he could say is that is where the "spammed" email went. This is ludicrous! I don't see how using the subject line like test, tt1, tt2 can trigger sensorship? Besides, how is it the sending email to ourself using the same server trigger sensorship? How's was it sending to our contacts which we had been sending emails for as long as we know we had comcast be sensored? This are business contacts. legit and not funny business! Something isn't right about comcast explanation!. It's also very applaudling to think that comcast is monitoring and sensoring our emails without our knowledge? How many other unsuspecting customers did they sensored too? My husband questions where is our 1st amendment rights? Is comcast now acting as NSA? In fact, NSA doesn't stop our email, they just monitoring or listen but they don't stop! With all said, after spending several hours, we finally got our emails to work but still scratching our heads not having straight answer as to why the incoming emails quit working and then suddently works? And how do you feel about having comcast monitor your emails and determine it is spam and preventing it from going to your emails without your knowledge?

Official Employee

I'm not sure why you were told that, it's not correct, and I'll report that story to management so it doesn't happen again.  I can see the messages being delivered to your inbox.  I had one of the Ops folks do a re-sync of your account.  Has there been any change?

Frequent Visitor

I still have not receive the 4 test emails that I send to myself between 1:34 to 2:40pm. I can still see these 4 emails in the "Send" box that was send but didn't arrive in my inbox. Neither has my husband received his test or sent emails betwen 1:30 to 2:45pm. I start receiving new incoming emails after 2:44pm, not sure about my husband. We don't know if we had missed any incoming after 2:44pm because of the incoming mail problem.

As for the tech guy, not only did he say that it went to the Comcast "SPAM" box,  he even told my husband he can see it, but  can't tell us where it is because we cannot see it as it is not in our own personal spam folder. He also says Comcast has a special software that monitor emails and remove suspicious emails to Comcast "SPAM" box and prevent it from coming to our inbox without us knowing about it. It is scary to think that Comcast can monitor, prevent or stop emails from coming into our inbox as they deem fit without us knowing. Our own mail settings allow us to elected on our own to report or stop spam when we receive suspicious emails so what gives Comcast the right to "SPAM" our emails out and stop emails from coming to our box without our knowledge? It sure feels like a privacy right infringement. 

Official Employee

So, when I look at the logs, I see about a dozenmessages in the past two weeks all delivered without being flagged as spam (from our platform's perspective).  

I can see your messages to your personal domain being delivered, about a half dozen in the same time period.  Are these the messages you're saying are not being delivered?  If you'd like, I can reach out to your hosting provider and see what might be going on from their side.

Additionally, I see you do not have your spam folder enabled (I didn't check your husband's preferences).  Again, we do not have a "hidden" spam folder, but you likely want to enable this in your preferences.  You should select to enable this, and save a copy in a folder.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience

Regular Visitor

How do I send a PM to you, @ComcastAntiSpam ?

Official Employee

I sent you one to get it started @pingandfriends 

Frequent Visitor

Whoa, you said "being flagged as spam (from our platform's perspective)"  versus your additional information that there is no "Hidden " spam folder, seems to contradict each other. The tech guy told my husband he can see it and it is in that folder and was not delivered. Doesn't it appears "Hidden" and Comcast decides if the emails is deliverable or not?

Why did you need to check the last 2 weeks when I was just trying to fix the problem that happened only yesterday?

I checked and it appears the 1/2 dozen message that was not delivered finally came into my inbox several hours after I replied you yesterday after you said you are getting your Ops Folks resync it.

My husband has not receive the missing sent emails. I told him to look into this forum to reach out to you if he wants to find out about his undelivered emails.

It's strange too that you ask me to enable my Spam setting when the tech guy yesterday who assist my husband over the phone recommend him to disable it?

Official Employee

Those do not contradict each other.  There is no hidden spam folder, and the management has said they will work with that agent to better their understanding of the platform.

As I said, the test messages you sent yesterday were delivered by our platform to the hosting company for your custom/private domain.  I typically look at more history for trends or systemic issues, and I'm not seeing those in this case.  Do you want me to reach out to that hosting company, or would you rather do that yourself?

I always suggest to enable the spam folder and save a copy.  If someone sends you a message the platform believes is spam, it will save a copy in that folder. 

New Poster

I'm having this same problem. Clients with comcast.net email address are not receiving emails from my work email address. 

@ComcastAntiSpam  

Official Employee

@wtc523 I would need to know the related domain of the sender.  Thank you.

Regular Visitor

(PM'd as well with additional details) I'm the production support manager for an on line finance company joinmosaic.com - for the past couple months we've noticed reports of email delivery issues to comcast.net have eclipsed all other domains combined and would like to discuss what we can do to solve for this.  

We send code-generated emails from our sendgrid email gateway including password reset emails, loan document signing emails and credit application and response emails.  Weekly we are encountering multiple comcast customers who can not receive one or more of these email types. 

Sending an email from the customer to our sending account (to whitelist us), and searching both in-app spam and web portal spam folders yields nothing. There is some possibility this is all user error, they're not searching spam correctly, but we see these issues dispropotionalely from comcast.net domains, particularly over the past 4-6 weeks.

In some cases, no emails from our system are received, in some cases only specific emails are not received, all are coming 'from' the same sending account and from the same domain and outbound gateway.  We have spf and other email-related records set up correctly except, possibly, DCIM, that's under review currently by Devops and I haven't heard back yet if it passed audit.

Official Employee

@osejo415 I saw your PM, and I'll respond there.

New Poster

Hello.  For about the past week I have not received any emails from a frequent correspondent at ucsd.edu , despite having reliable communication with him prior to that for many years.  I suspect that I have similarly missed a few other emails, for example from my local library (ccclib.org ) domain -- again,  prior to last 10 days I had reliable delivery from that source.  I wonder what other emails have not arrived.  Throughout this, I have had spam filter on and just now enabled "keep copy" option, so maybe I can at least see what I'm missing in the future, if the comcast filter is the problem.  Any other ideas?

Thank you