Community Forum

Email issues for Iam2008

Contributor

Email issues for Iam2008

Yes. A year later and still no fixes

Official Employee

Re: Email issues for Iam2008

@Iam2008 Could you give us some details about what issue you're having?  I didn't see your UID earlier in the thread.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

I also received postal mail from my brokerage firm that they cannot email me AND I cannot email my own  Gmail account. I get a permanent Daemon failure notice in Xfinity. Last time a tech came out, my TV, phone and internet were knocked out! 

Contributor

My reply was deleted as being a duplicate, but I did add more. Please do not delete this as a duplicate. Receiving of email is an ongoing and very serious issue when I cannot receive email from my bank, brokerage firm and friends. I have no way of knowing how many others I have not received. Those noted contacted me via Postal mail.  I do not use a 3rd party service. These senders previously could send. My port settings are correct. I have no filters. This is an issue with Xfinity. I also checked with ** ******* (in case you think I am promoting an outside service, I did not spell it out, though I saw another did)  This is over my head. It is something to do with DMARC settings by Xfinity. Please, please help!

Official Employee

Could you provide the email domains of the senders for those messages which you believe you're missing?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

I know for sure that I do not receive from Huntington Bank, TD Ameritrade, was not receiving from a Comcast/Xfinity customer in another state. Another in Australia. I received postal letters from all. I don’t know who else is being blocked

Contributor

Just received TD......

Official Employee

99.9% of Huntington's emails are coming through without issue.  I'm asking them if you're on an internal suppression list with their ESP.

Official Employee

can you find an existing message from Huntingdon in your email and pull the message headers and send me a DM with that info?

Open the message, look for the "hamburger" menu, and choose "View Source".  I only need the top part that has the gibberish.

click on my name to send me a DM.

Contributor

No. I didn’t save any old emails. I cannot receive notices, which are very important. I cannot log onto their site because history has been cleared long ago. I cannot receive a temporary code sent to log into my account. 

Contributor

Still not receiving emails from bank and who knows where else. I DO receive email spam everyday from a “job offer” from Walgreens, home surveys and more. I mark as spam, but still come through. This needs to be fixed or after 20 years, change my email to every single friend and business to a non-Comcast email. I am not the only one with this issue. Please fix whatever you have done! Again, I have no rules or filters set. I cannot give you headings from emails I cannot receive. This has been months. Also again, I saw a customer mention a website that you deleted when I named, which said it is in your DMARC settings. I don’t know what that is. 

@Iam2008 wrote:

No. I didn’t save any old emails. I cannot receive notices, which are very important. I cannot log onto their site because history has been cleared long ago. I cannot receive a temporary code sent to log into my account. 

Contributor

Also, still cannot send to my Gmail account. Nothing is received. I get a permanent Daemon failure in Comcast email immediately. This is a nuisance, but not receiving emails from my bank and bills due, etc is of utmost importance. 

Contributor

Google is now requiring SPF records before they will deliver your email to an inbox.  Google is also giving priority to companies that sign their email with a DKIM key.

Also, besides the Gmail issue, . with a valid DMARC setup, you can receive feedback on the reasons why you do not receive mail. So has Comcast blacklisted valid emails from my bank and others, yet allowing spam repeatedly? This is all within the past 6 months. I have not had issues with my email, using the same email address for approx 20 years. No spam, no issues receiving email. I do not use a 3rd party. It does not matter what device I use. 

Contributor

Now my folders disappeared! Spam, sent, drafts.trash! .  I have not created any of my own folders. 

Contributor

I cannot access to add that I am having issues that are archived. I really need help. Besides the Gmail, cannot receive Huntington Bank (others were solved when I emailed them-those that I had never received) I do not have a toolbar or folders as of today. I mean the folders Comcast supplies. I went through settings, etc. Can we please re-open this topic? I’m sure it’s an easy fix, but I can’t find it. Thanks

Official Employee

I tried to have someone call you today to discuss these issues with you.

Huntington won't respond to me, they say you must call to get it sorted out.  I tried to email them, chat with them, and called them on the phone.

I do not see any messages from your "01" email address to Gmail.  Are you using a different email address?

Contributor

I don’t know what is happening. I can provide the following and hope it helps with all the email issues I’m having. This-I do not understand. 

“Unable to Connect to SMTP Host. If the SMTP Connect test is unable to connect to your mail server after 15 seconds it is reported  as an error. For optimal email deliverability it is advisable that SMTP connections should not take longer than 15 seconds..  It is also possible your server is “Tar pitting.” Tar pitting is a technique used by some email servers to slow down spammers. The idea is that legitimate senders will wait longer to establish a connection than spammers will. EVERYTHING ELSE PASSED TESTS.  NO BLACKLISTING. 

Contributor

I will call them. Thank you!

Official Employee

That's an error from your computer, not our servers.  Have you tried calling CSA to get some assistance with your system setup?

Contributor

I RECEIVE THIS IMMEDIATELY IN MY COMCAST MAIL WHEN I EMAIL GMAIL (Link removed,. It goes directly to my email inbox.) From: Mailer Daemon  @  comcast.net 

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently: Reason: Permanent Error

Official Employee

As I said above, I can't find it with your "01" email address.  Are you using a different email address?

Contributor

No. Same Comcast & Gmail I have had for many years. I do see that if a link is in the Comcast email there is an issue, but if I just write “test” I still get a permanent failure.  

Official Employee

I don't know what those email addresses are, you're going to have to specify.

Contributor

Customer service? No.please no!  I have the exact same issues on every device. I am currently using my iPad. That is where the report was generated from. I am no expert, but that report didn’t really look like anything was a real issue. I saw in archived issues that when toolbars and folders disappeared to uncheck “HTML and Text” Check only “Text” I tried that to no avail. I installed and uninstalled the Xfinity Connect App. to no avail. I tried closing all tabs, doing a hard restart on iPad, tried Android device, made font and size smaller thinking that the missing toolbar and folders might re-appear. Nothing. As far as Huntington, I will call them & see if I can get that fixed. Other senders that I was not receiving & didn’t know, contacted me & once I emailed them, I received their emails-maybe others with same issue could try that if they know they are not receiving, which I didn’t. I cannot figure out the Gmail getting a permanent failure, but others might want to know that links cannot be sent either way. I am lost on how to get the toolbar and folders back. I don’t see any current issues with that. They were back around 2016. It just happened today for me. 

Contributor

My “01” Comcast email to my C****************s@gmail.com.  I will look at Google again,  though they state it’s not on their end. It’s not the most important issue. I use Gmail for shopping, etc so as to not get spam in my Comcast email, which I do now & marking it as spam doesn’t stop the same senders. I cannot retrieve a header because I cannot access folders.  I would often send myself links, but Comcast blocks them now, so it really doesn’t much matter. My big issues were unknown to me, not receiving emails. I believe that now it is only Huntington & as I don’t have an old one, I will call them tomorrow & let all know. I am wanting to know if there is maintenance or servicing that could currently be why my toolbar & folders are missing from email. If so, I’ll just let it be. If not, I need a solution & exhausted everything I can think of. 

Contributor

How can I private message you. I don’t want to publicly post my email addresses.  Thank you

Official Employee

Click on my name, look for the box that says "Send a Message" on the right side.

Official Employee

Okay, I got your message.  As I said previously, I'm not seeing any attempts by your email address to send to Gmail addresses.  Can you send a message to your Gmail friend, and also CC yourself?  Please make the subject "Test From Comcast".  If you get an error message, please take a picture of it, and note the complete error message.

Official Employee

The response from Gmail:

"Permanent failure: 550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try\r\n550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or\r\n550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at\r\n550 5.1.1 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUser i19si5060779jam.111 - gsmtp\r\n"

Please contact your friend and double check that the address is correct. 

Contributor

Odd. That is the correct email address. I receive many emails to that address every day. Again, I use Comcast for my personal email, with only businesses being Xfinity, banking and the such. Gmail is for shopping or websites I don’t want to potentially get on any mailing lists  I will see if I can find anything with what you sent to me. This too, is a recent issue in the past 6 months. 

Contributor

I just got the test email I sent that showed as a permanent Daemon failure. First time in months??? I sent an email TO my Comcast & that too went through.  I tried again sending & receiving with a link that worked as well!

Official Employee

cellularchcsales ?  you're sure that's correct?

Contributor

But-I also just now received a permanent failure notice in Comcast AFTER both tests to & from Comcast & Gmail with & without a link went through. Very strange. 

Contributor

I tested again. Both ways. Emails are sent and received. After the fact, I get a failure notice, but they are not failing 

Official Employee

You missed a letter in the email address above, you're missing an 'i'

Contributor

Sure did miss a letter, but it DID go to Gmail. I (ME) May have been missing that. I type in one letter and it automatically fills in the Gmail address. I am really flustered as to why it now works, but it does. I will have to double check that the one letter is not missing in the future! Am I correct though that Comcast will not receive a link? You see how it looks jumbled in Comcast, but not Gmail. I think I read that this is now blocked in Comcast. If so, I won’t fool with it anymore. One problem down, two to go. I will call Huntington tomorrow as I said, so we won’t worry about that today. Are there known issues with email toolbar and folders? If so, I’ll just check back tomorrow. Thanks

Official Employee

I"m not sure what you mean by receive a link, but people receive millions of emails a day here with hyperlinks/URLs/weblinks.

Expert

@Iam2008 If you're still missing your folders....are ANY folders showing on the left side?  If not, look at the bottom left of the page.  If you see Show, click on that and you should see your folders again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Guess what? That worked! The “show” at the bottom of the page. I want to thank you very much. I wasted hours with changing font size, display, hard resets, you name it. I saw so many customers having the same issue, most archived. When a new discussion was initiated, there were many “me toos “ , escalation to more knowledgeable techs with no answers. I hope that you can post this prominently to save others the time and aggravation! I thank you very much. I still don’t know why I am getting spam after all the years of no spam or why I do not receive emails. I was to call Huntington Bank because I get nothing. I didn’t think about it earlier. I have no idea who else I am not receiving emails from other than the two who contacted me in another way. Once  I emailed them, I received new emails from them, but previous emails are lost in space, despite the fact that they should be on the server. Thank you again for solving this issue. I really do appreciate it! 

Expert

@Iam2008 wrote:

Guess what? That worked! The “show” at the bottom of the page. I want to thank you very much. I wasted hours with changing font size, display, hard resets, you name it. I saw so many customers having the same issue, most archived. When a new discussion was initiated, there were many “me toos “ , escalation to more knowledgeable techs with no answers. I hope that you can post this prominently to save others the time and aggravation! I thank you very much. I still don’t know why I am getting spam after all the years of no spam or why I do not receive emails. I was to call Huntington Bank because I get nothing. I didn’t think about it earlier. I have no idea who else I am not receiving emails from other than the two who contacted me in another way. Once  I emailed them, I received new emails from them, but previous emails are lost in space, despite the fact that they should be on the server. Thank you again for solving this issue. I really do appreciate it! 

You're quite welcome.  Smiley Happy

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.