Community Forum

Email issue - read messages not marked as read

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Email issue - read messages not marked as read

After I read an email it is no longer being marked as read. How do I get that back so I don't have to manually set each message to mark as read?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Email issue - read messages not marked as read

Mine was doing the same thing.  I assume you are using only the webmail interface and a browser?  
Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  Mine just suddenly started working right with no effort on my part.  It had been going on for about a week or so.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

This did not work for me. Mine has been going on for a week and I have called Xfinity twice and it was supposed to be fixed 2 days ago. No fix yet!!!!!!! Very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Mine isn’t fixed yet either on my PC but of interest is that on my phone they DO mark as read when I open them. It seems this is specific to the PC. Ugh
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I contacted Xfinity support using the Chat feature and after about 3 chats, it automatically started working again where when I click on an item, it marks it as read automatically.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have cleared cache and tried multiple browers.... on phone no issue so I know there is something to do with PC... frustrating

Highlighted
Official Employee

Good morning everyone. Thank you for confirming whether or not the issue is continuing for you. Hi, bluesjamgal. Please check which version of our webmail that you're using. If you click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page after signing into our website, going to email, clicking about, let me know which version you're using. Thank you. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Version: 7.8.4-6-101

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Good morning everyone. Thank you for confirming whether or not the issue is continuing for you. Hi, bluesjamgal. Please check which version of our webmail that you're using. If you click on the gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page after signing into our website, going to email, clicking about, let me know which version you're using. Thank you. 

Highlighted
Official Employee

Awesome, good to know. Can you please sign out of the website for me (and stay signed out) and let me know once you've done that?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I am signing out now... I will stay out for one hour (working and cannot troubleshoot this as in meetings) Obviously won't be getting messages in the coming hour.

K

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Awesome, good to know. Can you please sign out of the website for me (and stay signed out) and let me know once you've done that?

Highlighted
Official Employee

I believe I see the problem, but I'd like to have you confirm whether or not this problem is happening with the username that you have associated here with the forum. Let me know whenever you're done with your meeting/have more time to continue. 

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have about 15 minutes now, will be off the grid tomorrow through Sunday

Highlighted
Official Employee

Is this issue happening with the username that you used to register with the forum?

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have limited time to work on this, but appreciate if you could explain what my username on forums has to do with it as I have had same username and this issue is only in the past month. 

thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

My forum user name is not my comcast email account user name.

@ComcastMorgan wrote:

Is this issue happening with the username that you used to register with the forum?

Highlighted
Official Employee

I completely understand you are busy and will intermittently be unavailable, bluesjamgal. What you can do instead is just send a reply over when the timing works for you and I/we will get back to you when we can. In order to be more specific, please send me a private message with the name on your account, your name, and your username. That way I can synchronize the data on it. If your username you're experiencing this issue with is not the one you registered to the forums with, then I do not have access to it in order to work on it without getting more account information. Do you see what I'm saying? Please reply at your convenience, thank you.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Sorry but how do I send you a private message from the forum?
Highlighted
Expert

@bluesjamgal wrote:
Sorry but how do I send you a private message from the forum?

Click on ComcastMorgan's name and you will see a blue button to the right to send a private message.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi, bluesjamgal. I have replied to your PM. You're welcome to reply from there when you get a moment, thank you. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I had the same issue. when I had my Inbox being sorted by 'Unread' to appear at the top of the view.  I changed the "Sort by" to "Date" and read messages now get marked as I read through the list.  I'm happy again.  Hopefully this finding helps you too.