Regular Visitor

Email is not working AGAIN!!!!

Why does this keep happening????  

Contributor

Re: Email is not working AGAIN!!!!

Because it's Comcast, that's why!!!!!! 

Contributor

I am also having trouble with my e-mail not working again. It wasn't working yesterday for awhile either, got it in later in the evening. Now cannot bring them in again.

Regular Contributor

Same here in Salem, Ore.   A little box pops up saying I need a new APP to open the page, and I need to shop the Google Store.

So frustrating....................................Mick 7

New Poster

Same here, tells me I need an app, not using a phone to connect?!?

New Poster

Try going to your address bar and typing:

connect.xfinity.com

It is allowing me to get to my email, the issue seems to be with the links themselves, not the actual email service.

Contributor

Same here in New Jersey.  Worked until shortly after 1:00 p.m.  I keep getting a message that Safari (I use a Mac) can't connect to a web address with "redirect" in front of the address.  Why it says "redirect" I do not know.  

For what it was worth I called customer service.  After I told the rep that I already did the usual...clear history, cache, reset modem, log off, etc she told me that there was indeed a problem that they were aware of, but no ETA on fixing it.

This is at least the 5th outage I've had in the past year.  Unacceptable of course, but Comcast, for all their wealth, doesnt seem to be able to fix it.  They don't even seem to have the common sense to post a message on the forum page, or somewhere where it would be seen, about what is going on.  Absolutely no information. You would think they would do this to at least alleviate some pressure on their call center reps.

At least the rep didn't try to sell me some dditional services. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Try going to your address bar and typing:

connect.xfinity.com

It is allowing me to get to my email, the issue seems to be with the links themselves, not the actual email service.

Thanks...that worked.  I good workaround till the fix it.

New Poster

The WORST of the WORST of any company and people EVER - ALWAYS!!! Why? Because they CAN. I could write a series of novels of the nightmare despicable and extraordinary time and EXPENSE they've cost me - and that's just me. I know everyone has far too many of their own.  And yet, most of us have NO OTHER CHOICE, and all the complaints and attempts to get anywhere are useless. I work for a law firm, and their efforts have gone nowhere

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, that did the trick.

Contributor

I also signed into My Account (not email).  Then subsequenty clicked "Check Email" and got in.

Regular Visitor

Well they must have fixed their links...

Clicking on the email icon on the top of my account now works.

Thanks for the alternate way of getting to Comcast email.

Regular Contributor

My e-mail is back up and working good, however since the first big issue around 2/15 and the fix, my e-mail page is super slow to load.  When I finally got back up today nothing has changed with the loading speed.   Mick 7

New Poster

Mine isn't working either.  I can log in and navigating the site I have tried a few different links to try and get into my email, but no luck.  The 1st Suctomer Service Rep. told me it would be resolved by the upper division team within 24 hours.  After 24 hours, still not working and the 2nd Rep. told me it usually is resolved between 24-36 hours.  Here we are on day 3 and guess what, it still isn't working.  I understand that Comcast/Xfinity is the same company and that they love to claim they are not a monopoly due to having other providers but I pose a question to them that can never be answered properly.  "What other company provides coax cable hardline service?"  They would only be able to respond with a few companies,  that never overlap service areas.  The reason they never overlap service areas is pretty simple.  It is because they are the same company.