Community Forum

Email incorrectly marked as spam.

Highlighted
Contributor

Email incorrectly marked as spam.

I have 2 regular emails I receive, that after years of getting them with no problem are now being marked as spam. I use the function to mark them as "not spam", but that doesn't seem to do anything but send them to my inbox. How can I whitelist these 2 senders so the emails will quit going into the spam folder?

The emails are from comics@mycomicspage.com and donotreplymarketing@loyalty.tijuanaflats.com

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Email incorrectly marked as spam.

Comcast should provide a way users can whitelist a sender so their mail would not be considered spam, but they don't. You can try marking the messages as "Not Spam", but unfortunately that function takes a lot of clicking on a lot of messages to perhaps stop future messages from being filtered.

Recently announced "whitelist" function: https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Address-Book-Exemption/m-p/3368877#M220644.

If @ComcastAntiSpam or another employee doesn't respond here in the Forums, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help if it's just two addresses. You can reach them at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

If the above doesn't help, the only other thing you can do to prevent messages from going to the spam folder is to turn spam filtering off completely so that everything they deliver is placed in the Inbox.

Edit 9-18-2020: new whitelist function

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

So I guess there is no way now for a user to fix this problem?  I use Outlook as a client and have tried repeatedly to use those spam controls.  It isn't like the problem is with dodgy websites.  They mark Morningstar as spam!  Other opt-in newsletters as well. 

A real pain in the butt!

Highlighted
New Poster

The same thing is happening to me and I use Mac Mail.  Important work emails that I have been receiving fine for years, are suddenly being marked as spam. 

This has to be a glitch of some kind since it just started happening.

Highlighted
Official Employee

For Comcast internal rules putting messages in the spam folder, you can add them to your address book on webmail to prevent this going forward. 

If Outlook, Mac Mail, or any other third party client is moving messages to the spam folder, that will have to be changed within the specific third party client. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!