Community Forum

Email goes straight to Trash Folder

New Poster

Email goes straight to Trash Folder

My incoming emails have been going straight to the trash folder. I have done a chat that could not resolve the issue and the phone call I was supposed to receive did not come. I spent 90 minutes this morning talking with three different agents and was referred upwards twice. I am still waiting for a call back from an agent who can fix this. Frustration growing!

New Poster

Re: Email goes straight to Trash Folder

I'm having the same problem. Were you able to figure out the problem?

New Poster

Finally! Filters had been added to my account. Once they were deleted, all was back to normal. Exactly a week later, it happened again. This time I went to Settings and then Filters and deleted the new filter. It's an easy fix if you know what's wrong.
New Poster

Thanks for your reply. I found out that was my problem too. I was chatting with tech support and the person asked me to delete my Apple Mail account on my computer and add it again. Right before I did it I checked my filters. I found that I had created one for that email account, hoping to throw all Xfinity or Comcast junk email into the trash. As soon a I deleted that filter (or "Rule" as Apple Mail calls it), one test mail arrived. The techie was still working with me so I deleted the account as instructed and set it up new. I thanked her and said all was fine now. 

New Poster

Certain e-mails are going directly to Trash.  I use 3 devices...my cell phone...my IPad and my Mac Pro to retrieve e-mails.  I noticed one suggestion that appeared to work is removing filters.  Where are the filters located?  Tried Comcast support and told to take down Apple App and they would get back to see if it worked.  As usual they did not get back.  Can anyone help?  Thank you

New Poster

Hi Laney103,

If you use Apple Mail, go to Mail> Preferences> Rules. I found that I had a rule set which had Xfinity or Comcast specified as part of the rule. So my own email was getting thrown in the trash because it had the term "Xfinity" or "Comcast" in the rule (I don't remember which). I wish I could remember the exact details, but they are in the dark recesses of my brain never to be resurrected again. I was actually trying to get rid of their junk advertising mail. Since then I found a place on the website to specify in my preferences which of their emails I don't want to receive. Hope that helps some.

New Poster

I have nothing in my filter rules, under settings, and only one comcast.net email account coming in to one laptop. and yet new emails are going into the trash folder. Any advice?