After my web interface converted to teh new version, some email filters do not work. I have tried deleting them, rebuilding, and tried various options.
Specifically, a particular sender does not process at all with the filters. In one case, I forward all BUT select emails to anothe raccount. Emails from this sender do not forward. In another filter, I get emails from this sender and forward them to various email addresses. I have tried "contains" in the "from" field, and in the header with either "from" or "Return Path". I have also tried matching a term they ALWAYS use in their subject line ("NM811") with contains.
Instead of, or in addition to, forwarding, I also have tried flagging with a color to see if it is just a forwarding issue. No luck, emails from that sender simply do not get processed by the filter. I have put these filters first to make sure other filters do not interfere.
Interestingly, if I take and manually forward an email from this sender to myself, without cahnging anything, the subject line filter catches it, colors the flag, and forwards it! Moments after the original email came in and was not processed!
What could keep an email from being processed by any filter? Even a filter with no conditions (applies to all) does not seem to process these emails.
It is critically important that I be able to filter and forward these emails to my work (my company blocks Comcast and other email web pages), and to neighbors when I need coverage.
This is on my primary account. I am using Xfinity Connect browser interface, and filters in settings. I use Outlook on my PC, and Gmail client on Android, but am setting the filters in the Xfinity browser app so that they are applied even if I am offline.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Last night I added a filter (first in the list) that does no filtering (selects ALL email, no criterion), and the action is to set a green flag. This morning, all emails had a green flag EXCEPT the one in question, which is a nightly audit email I get form this provider. Something is clearly preventing the filters from attempting to process the email.
I talked with the provider today, and they are not explicitly doing anything to block filter processing, and in fact they encourage filter-based forwarding to properly distribute the emails within an organization for proper disposition. While they are not doing anything explicit, perhaps something passive is causing the issue. An email they sent me today, in response to my query, was properly forwarded to my work address. Therefore, it does not appear to be a problem with their domain preventing the filter processing.
While i would still like to figure out what is going on, I had the provider try my gmail account, and I set up filtering on that account. It successfully forwarded the emails to where I need them to go. Not a solution (in terms of Comcast), but it solves my immediate issue. Thinking in the long run I will have to transfer all of my email services to GMAIL, as it is maintained and works reliably. No time for that now, so will transfer critical funcitons to gmail for now.
I got an email from Comcast asking if I had received an acceptable answer to this problem. So, I guess I will close it out with this:
I have moved my critical mail to gmail. So far all forwarding filters ahve worked perfectly. Was not able to get any answers from Comcast tos solve this new problem, and worked about 8 nights trying different things to no avail. 1 hour with Gmail and problem solved, all filters in place.