Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Email copy and paste

Frequent Visitor

Email copy and paste

Before the recent change in the email page/format I could copy a file from say Word and paste into an email without the it changing. Now when I copy and paste it does not look the same?

Expert

Re: Email copy and paste

The email software is different than a word processor.  There is no guarantee that fonts or other formatting will render the same way when copying from another source.  I get the same thing pasting from a Mac Pages document into an email.  I've tried it with Comcast, Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook.com and Mail.com accounts, and the text I copied and pasted from Pages looks different in each one.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your response. Question is, I have been copying word documents and pasting to emails I'm going to send for years. Seems it changed with the new Xfinity email web site?

Also, I used to check my attachments before sending, now I can't open them at all to view? BTW, I can paste them, but format and font has changed and clipart and even colors are gone?

Thanks again for your help.

Expert

Popeye44 wrote:

Thank you for your response. Question is, I have been copying word documents and pasting to emails I'm going to send for years. Seems it changed with the new Xfinity email web site?

Also, I used to check my attachments before sending, now I can't open them at all to view? BTW, I can paste them, but format and font has changed and clipart and even colors are gone?

Thanks again for your help.

The new email format is from a different vendor.  So it's going to be different than what you were used to from Zimbra.  There is no way to preview document files after you attach them.  For an image, look above the body of the message and to the right for this----------------------------

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 1.47.08 PM.jpg

Click on that icon and you will see thumbnail previews of the images above the toolbar.

New Poster

I'm having the same issue, and am very unhappy with this. I can no longer cut and paste with a 'right click' and am prompted to use ctrl - V, but when I do, what is pasted is garbage, not what I copied from my source. I hate to think about moving to a new email provider/address, but Comcast needs to do a lot better than this.

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity you have to be kidding me! I would thousands of users have copied and pasted into their emails. Now you're telling us we can but the copied document looks like garbage! If this is not fixed I would guess I and many others will be forced to change to another provider. Remember the old saying, "If it isn't broke; don't fix it!"

New Poster

I have had the same issue since Xfinity "improved" their email program. Cannot copy and paste in an email, even when using the suggest Control commands. All I get is gibberish. Please fix this! I don't want to have to change providers, but this makes Comcast unusable for me.

Expert

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.  I can copy and paste easily, using any browser.  Understand that any formatting in the source material you are copying may or may not render correctly when you paste it into an email.

New Poster

The frustrating part for me is then the email freezes and I need to completely start it over from the beginning. I am so frustrated with the emails at this point!!!!! 

New Poster

Same as the other comments.  WE WANT OUR RT CLICK BACK FOR COPY/PASTE 

Expert

@isness wrote:

Same as the other comments.  WE WANT OUR RT CLICK BACK FOR COPY/PASTE 

I'm using Firefox and have no problems with right click for Copy/Paste.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Expert

I just tried in Chrome and Safari--------works OK for me in both.